Still stuck on this one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still stuck on this one....

I’m still stuck on this photo (sorry about the quality of the photo)...I think it could be my G.Grandfather’s mother Lydia Lane (her maiden name) she was born in 1846 & died in 1907, aged 61. Don’t know if this helps but her & her family were very poor, at first I didn’t think someone as poor as her would be able to afford having a photo taken but some of her children got married including one of her son’s, my G.Grandfather he married in 1897 & I was wondering if it could have been a photo from one of the weddings or something like that. The other thing that is making me think it’s Lydia is this photo was stuck on a piece of card with a photo of my G.Grandfathers daughter & that daughter’s middle name was Lydia Lane. Also a few of my G.Grandfathers children look a lot like her with the same face shape & mouth etc (I don't have a photo of my G.Grandfather). Any & all opinions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
    Last edited by jadzia; 20-08-13, 04:13. Reason: Removed Photo
    Ness

not sure if this does help or not Vanessa, but in FTFs costume gallery there are a few pictures with ladies that have similar styles of clothing, there is one in particular that looks very similar, if you click on the link I give then look at the last picture in 1910 (4th down) the lady is wearing a blouse and brooch which looks similar to your lady. As the years progress the collars become more open and looser, so I think that your photograph would be taken around 1910 maybe a bit before.. I guess that if the lady couldnt afford to buy alot of clothes then she might 'make do' with what she had?

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you for the link Julie I've had a look & see what you mean about the clothes etc being similar. As Lydia died in 1907 it probably isn't her. I know she must be a close relative as she looks so similar to some of my G.Grandfathers children. The only others I can think it may be is one of my G.Grandfathers three sisters they were born in 1869, 1876, & 1885.

Can anyone hazzard a guess as to the age of the lady in the photo please? as this might help me work out who she is....I'm really rubbish at guessing ages. Many thanks
      Ness

Comment

Hi Vanessa, at a guess i would say the lady is between 30 and 35 years old and the year about 1915 (ish).

Comment

Vanessa
          who is the lady in your avatar. She looks quite like her.

June

Comment

Originally posted by Astro Lady View Post
            Hi Vanessa, at a guess i would say the lady is between 30 and 35 years old and the year about 1915 (ish).

Thank you for your reply astro Lady, that age & photo date matches up with her possibly being my Great Granddad’s youngest sister.....Ummm I wonder if it’s her?

[/QUOTE]
            Originally posted by JuneR View Post
            who is the lady in your avatar. She looks quite like her.
            June
            Hi June, Thank you for your reply....The lady in my Avatar I am almost certain is my Great Grandmother, I say ‘almost’ certain because I had my avatar photo & two other photo’s of my Great Grandmother when she was older but I wasn’t 100% sure if the avatar photo was my Great Grandmother but with the very kind help from members of this site who were all in agreement that the three photo’s were of the same person...I’ve added the link just in case you fancy having a look:

http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...e-woman-please

That’s got me wondering though, if she looks like my Great Grandmother then she could be one of her sisters they were born 1883, 1887 & 1889.

Ness

Comment

hmmn now i'm having doubts... is this picture from the same cluster of pictures that are on your other thread?

if this picture is the 'missing' one to the picture that has the other two ladies on, then I am more inclined to say that this is the same person, the shapes of the lips and fullness of the face look more fitting than that picture of the one we 'thought' was your gt grandmother
              Julie

Comment

Ummm I wonder which one is her, I don't know how you do it but I think it would help if the three photo's were put together like Roy did it my other post.

Ness

Comment

I’ve tried to put the photo’s together to see if that helps (couldn’t do it as good as Roy did it)
                  Which one is she? Any ideas?

Last edited by jadzia; 16-01-11, 22:32. Reason: Pics didn't show
                  Ness

Comment

I think that these 3 are the same woman, the shape of the face is more fitting than the other lady, i'll see if I can reverse the last pic so that they are all facing the right way.
                    Last edited by Darksecretz; 13-01-11, 20:35.
                    Julie

Comment

I agree with Julie in post 10.

As for the date of your original photo, I would say 1910s.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Thanks for your help & the dates Tom Tom & Julie,

I think they both have similar features to my G.Grandmother so I just don’t know...I guess I’ll never know for sure:(

Ness

Comment

Working...
                        X