Fmp 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fmp 2010

I took the plunge and purchased FMP 2010 and am very pleased however is there is anywhere I can free type some notes for my own purposes. I am probably trying to run before I walk but can't see where at the moment?

Thanks

Presume you mean FTM (Family Tree Maker)!

On the right hand side of the screen, where you edit someone's details, you will see some icons just above the edit boxes.
    Hover your cursor over these and you will see that one of them is Notes. (I think it's the third icon).
    Alternatively click on the PERSON tab and you will see a tab for NOTES towards the bottom of the screen, under the Facts section.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine - thanks for your reply. Yes I did mean FTM what was I thinking, perhaps I have spent a bit too much time on the laptop today ....
      Thanks also for the advice, will follow. Trying to run before I can walk but want to get as much information on as soon as I can. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
        Trying to run before I can walk .....
        Far from it, I think the notes section is very useful - can be used for all sorts of things.
        Elaine

Comment

Go to http://www.familytreemaker.com/Pages.../Tutorial.aspx
          Have a look at the tutorial 'Building (person)'

It shows you what you can add as records notes etc for a person in FTM

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
          X