Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a father in Law be described as Visitor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a father in Law be described as Visitor ?

I am trying to pin down the death of somebody is it likely a Son would describe his Father as Visitor ??
    George Knight aged 79 Visitor but I am sure its James's Father ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    .. is it likely a Son would describe his Father as Visitor ??
    I'm sure it's a possibility Val.
    Elaine

Comment

I've had family members described in very impersonal terms - even as "boarder", I think.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Elaine and Christine with such a common name as George Knight I need all the help I can get.

Comment

It can happen Val, I have had daughters added as lodgers.. so a distinct possiblity yes
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thanks Julie thats great as it rules out 3 Deaths ? now to find the right one lol

Comment

Yes - he could well have had his own home but was visiting elsewhere on census night.
              I've lots of examples of family members being recorded as visitors - married daughters & their children in particular, a mother & daughter visiting daughter's soon to be husband.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

thanks Jay still havng trouble pinning his Death down.

Comment

In my research experience, relatives are as likely to be recorded as visitor/boarder/lodger as they are to have the familial relationship. I once found a girl described as a lodger with a family whose surname I didn't recognise. It turned out that the head of the household was married to the girl's grandmother but it was a second marriage which is why I didn't recognise the name.
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

seems odd to call your Father a Visitor , wish it had not been him in a way as there are more likely Deaths before

Comment

Working...
                    X