Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm R1b1c7 and a Wilson surname

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum. I am trying to establish some form of getting people with Y-DNA testing, who have tested (R1b1c7) together. If you use the new nomanclature you might also be ( R1b1b2e or R1b1b2a2e ). I am not very computer organized and am looking for someone in the R1b1c7 group mainly with the Wilson surname who would be willing to take on the task of forming a specific group. I have tried several methodes unsuccessfully. Any Wilson with my matching Y-DNA willing to take on this task? Also there are several other surnames that fall in this group. There is a Kelly, Templeton, Glenn and others. Our goal would be to find where we all fit in together since we have DNA proof that at some point we are related.
    Regards,
    Imacuzz1

Imacuuz1

Hello and welcome to FTF.

Does the DNA testing company not provide a group forum for you?

Also - you may all be related a lot longer ago than surnames!

OC

Comment

Imacuuz1

Have you tried one of the public DNA database sites.....you may have better luck there.

http://www.dnaancestryproject.com/ Maybe the best to try..site has a surname project

Steve.
      Steve.
      Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

Hello Steve and OC,
        Thank you for your input. I have tried several groups and I have joined y-search, y-base , member of DNA ancestry and a few other groups. I thought I might try this forum because it is fairly new and am hoping that one or more persons who are not with the other sites just might be here and recognize my appeal. I have been addicted to genealogy for 10 to 12 years now. Good Lord willing and the creeks don,t rise, I'll be at it at least that many more. Again thank you . I'll be waiting to her from R1b1c7 guys and gals.
        Regards,
        Imacuzz1

Comment

Thanks OC for the reply. I am on every DNA base I can find on the internet. No Luck so before 1800. What I am trying now is to find only the Wilsons who have tested and proven R1b1c7. Seems as though my line of Wilson is the only one with this specific designation. Imacuzz1

Comment

Found this very interesting and am thinking of going down that route, would be grateful if any on here have some observations on best to use, taking into account, the cost would be a factor for me.

Comment

Re: Y-DNA testing.

Originally posted by mikeg13 View Post
              Found this very interesting and am thinking of going down that route, would be grateful if any on here have some observations on best to use, taking into account, the cost would be a factor for me.
              Mikeg13, I had my testing done in 2006. Today there are a lot of very good testing facilities. My test was done by Sorenson labs. The only thing that I might recommend is to look on the internet find five or ten of the best recommended facilities find the best price ( the cost for testing is much lower today than 10 yrs ago) for the test that is affordable for you. You should keep in mind the higher number of genetic locations the better chance of finding closer relations. There are other factors to consider also. For instance some labs give you a choice to consider genetic health warnings as an added supplement to your test. If affordability is an issue look closely and find bargain rates. They are out there. maybe someone who has had a more recent test done can add and recommend a facility. GOOD LUCK. In my opinion you cannot beat having the Y-chromesome testing done. imacuzz1

Comment

Mike

I suggest you give great consideration to the small print of any such tests. Some companies reserve the right to do whatever they want with your results. You might not like this.

Also, I'm rather puzzled - Imacuzz states he has not connected with anyone else, yet he recommends the tests?

OC

Comment

oc and Mikeg

[QUOTE=Olde Crone Holden;2425517]Mike

I suggest you give great consideration to the small print of any such tests. Some companies reserve the right to do whatever they want with your results. You might not like this.

Also, I'm rather puzzled - Imacuzz states he has not connected with anyone else, yet he recommends the tests?

OC[/QUOTE )
                  Hi OC and Mikeg, I think I may have worded my statement unclearly, sorry for that. In regards to the Y- Chrome DNA test I have a lot of faith in the test and I have found many relations as a result of the test. Most of the ancestors I have found were found after the year 1800. Even with the testing I cannot find ancestors before 1800. The test did help me to that point. When I started my family tree 2004/5 I only knew of my ancestry back to grandpa and grandma. After searching for a couple years I decided to have the DNA test just to see if it would help me in my research. At that point I found another researcher that matched my DNA on the Wilson DNA website. I also found a second line of our Wilsons. A possible brother or cousin to our line of Wilsons. I say possible because although the DNA test proved (beyond a reasonable doubt ) we had a common ancestor in about the 1800s I have no documented proof as in wills or such stating that my Wilsons and the DNA second line is fact. So, although the DNA test will not do the research for you it may indeed be a good place to help find relatives who will be some help in your search. Most testing facilities have a website that you can post your results along with your surname. That in itself may bring a lot of good luck. Hope this clarifies my intention. As a short note my family tree was about 5 or 6 people before DNA. Today I am around 12,000. Regards, imacuzz

Comment

Hi

We've got early 19th century Michigan Wilson, Fewlass and others in our tree. Are they part of your group?

Comment

Originally posted by pajkn View Post
                      Hi

We've got early 19th century Michigan Wilson, Fewlass and others in our tree. Are they part of your group?
                      Hi pajkn, My Wilson line was not in Michigan until the early 1900s. Our line runs from Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee and back to the mid 1700s in North Carolina. Thanks for the inquiry. Good luck in your research. imacuzz1

Comment

Hi pajkn,
                        Better late than never. My ancestors in Michigan only date back to the year 1928. Previously lived in Southeast Missouri 1840 to present. Tennessee 1830 to 1840 and North Carolina about 1750 to 1830. Prior to 1750 ?????????. Thanks for asking

Comment

Working...
                        X