Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody find Robert Lewis after 1891???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody find Robert Lewis after 1891???

Hi all, i have come to a brick wall searching Robert Lewis

Born in 1875 in Holyhead/Anglesey
    Son of Lewis Lewis and Anne

I have him on the 1881 census and the 1891 census (both times address is 41 Newry Street, Holyhead)

In 1891 his occupation is listed as Pupil Teacher Board School

His family are still at 41 Newry street holyhead in 1901 and 1911 but he isnt with them

Can anybody find him? Any help would definatly be appreciated!

Gemma

Have you checked any passenger lists? If he was a teacher is likely he could have emigrated to US or Australia. What else do you know about him?
    Margaret

Comment

Ancestry has a couple of Robert Lewis' in California who are Teachers but I can't say whether or not it's the one your looking for as their census doesn't state where born, the birth year is the same though. I can't find any record for him under immigration and travel though. It is possible that he died after 1891, there are 6 Robert Lewis' listed under the births, marriages and deaths, but only the last one would apply if it was him as the others all died before 1891.

Comment

Have you checked any passenger lists? If he was a teacher is likely he could have emigrated to US or Australia. What else do you know about him?

No Margaret i havnt checked passenger lists- we do not know anything else about him apart from what ive written above- His sister was also a teacher and became head at park school in holyhead- Do you know if passenger lists are free online? or where best to look?

It is possible that he died after 1891, there are 6 Robert Lewis' listed under the births, marriages and deaths, but only the last one would apply if it was him as the others all died before 1891.

PDennis- i have looked at deaths but i didnt think any fit- ill have another look now and see if ive missed any? do the robert lewis's in California have any children? (might be able to get an idea with the childrens names??)

gemma
        Last edited by GemmaMcManus; 08-01-11, 16:49.

Comment

Passenger lists are on Findmypast and you can buy credits if you see any entries that look likely.
          I had a quick look at USA and couldn't see any Robert Lewis born Wales in the 1900 census.
          Margaret

Comment

The Ellis Island site (free: http://www.ellisisland.org) has a Robt LEWIS, arriving 29 Apr 1896, 20, labr, b Ireland, heading for NY, and intending to stay.
            The next passenger is Wm LEWIS, 17, with all other info the same.
            Passenger numbers 498 and 499.

There's a Scottish one in 1911 - but I can't get the names page to appear, to check what info there is.

Christine
            Last edited by Christine in Herts; 08-01-11, 20:19.
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks all,
              i have had a look at passenger lists and dont think he is on there- and i have looked at death registers again from 1891 but cant really find anybody that would even be a remote chance-
              I think Robert Lewis may be a one i wont find for a while!!
              (I could do with a long lost relative who knows all about him!!-)

Thanks for the help
              Gemma

Comment

Working...
              X