abraham purcell/elizabeth lester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abraham purcell/elizabeth lester

Hi, Last year i had great help from this forum, but am stuck again can't find Abraham Purcell or wife elizabeth nee lester. on 1881 census or children Annie elizabeth 1873, louisa sophia 1875, part of family is on 1841, 51, 61, 71 (1901 only abraham) Annie married my grandfather william henry larkin have marriage cert. May 2 1900.Can any one show some light on them. thanks

Can you give us the year and places of birth for the people you mention.
    Elaine

Comment

I have found the marriage of William Larkin to Annie Purcell on the LMA records
      They married in Fulham and Abraham's occupation is given as a coachman

Comment

I think this may be the 1871 census, transcribed on Ancestry as Abram Parcell
        Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

RG10; Piece: 54; Folio: 79; Page: 19

Geraldine's previous thread contains a bit of information about this family

.. but I still can't see them in 1881!
        Elaine

Comment

Me neither, nor the children - perhaps he travelled in his job as a coachman - but even so the rest of the family should show up somewhere.

Comment

thanks for replies, have spent hours double and triple checking, 1841 C shows Abraham born in flintshire wales,abt 1838, and Elizabeth nee Lester abt 1838 brickhill buckinghamshire.the other census show him born in liverpool, or shropshire, he was not illiterate as I have the marriage certificate of his daughter annie to william and he has signed it.He died in fulham london in1909, is 1901 census living with Annie and william, and my dad age 1 year. thanks geraldine

Comment

1841 C shows Abraham born in flintshire wales,abt 1838
              There's an Abraham PURCELL, b Flint, 1838, whose birth reg shows up on the N Wales BMD site - I haven't checked FreeBMD.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X