Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to Ancestry UK - keeps opening Ancestry Australia

Hi

I have a subscription to the UK Ancestry Essentials website. Everything was working fine 2 days ago.

Yesterday when trying to log on, I received an error message to say that I was already logged onto the site, and to try again in 20 minutes.

Now it keeps logging me into the Australian Ancestry site (I live in NQ) and won't let me back into the UK one. All my shortcuts on the main page have disappeared and it takes ages to get to the databases I usually use.

I tried deleting all cookies, but still no use.

Any suggestions to help please ? I really prefer the UK site.

Vivian

if you have Ancestry in your favourites delete that link , and just type www.ancestry.co.uk in the web address line it should take you there and then add that to your favourites.
    Funny thing is I have worldwide but whenever I try to access other countries it makes me sign in again ?

Comment

Hi Val

Thanks. I tried that, but it kept redirecting me to the Australian site without any options. After several attempts I noticed in the bottom left of the page a drop down box with all the International site details - clicked on the UK one, saved it to favourites and everything now looks good. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help.

Vivian

Comment

glad you sorted it

Comment

Hi Vivian,

I've had the same problem on & off for a couple of weeks last month I live in New Zealand I'm also a member of the UK Ancestry. I did the same as you with the drop down box at the bottom of the page & it seemed to work for a while but every now & then it does it again. It's very annoying when it does it. It does seem to have settled down again now though...hopefully it will stay that way
          Ness

Comment

Working...
          X