No announcement yet.

Anybody find this Brother and Sister ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody find this Brother and Sister ?

Have tried before but am still having trouble finding some of this family ,please dont worry about the rest of the Siblings for now ,as if I can find these two it could help with what happened to the rest ?

William John Knight born 7 Feb 1857 Bermondsey
    Mary Charlotte Knight born 2 Oct 1859 Bermondsey

Parents George William Knight born 10 Jul 1815 Bermondsey a Currier
    Mother Mary born 1818 St Martins Middlesex

Cannot find them or their Parents on any Census but do have some of the siblings on other Census records but not with Parents .

Only have the Parents on 1841 and 1851 sorry should have said that

Cannot find Parents Deaths either UUGGHHH

any little help much appreciated
    Last edited by Guest; 04-01-11, 21:25.

This looks like the family in 1851:

Comment

oh I am sorry Mary should have said I have them in 1851 but not after that ? only a few of their siblings after they married but not these two .

Comment

I thought it was too easy

Not having much success after 1851 at the moment.

Comment

Mary dont worry too much, I cannot believe how hard it has been to pin them down ?? I have quite a few contacts with this family and we all seem to be having the same trouble ? if I could find these two children would help a lot might pin down the rest to a location ?

Comment

I did wonder if they might have emigrated, but I can't see anything obvious. Do you have any of the other children's marriage certs?

Comment

Just found Frances' 1862 marriage cert, which doesn't really help, and I can't find her in 1861. Got her and her husband and children in 1871/81/91/01, but nobody else in the family's with them.
              Last edited by Mary from Italy; 04-01-11, 23:24.

Comment

thanks very much Mary but I do have that, I have bits and pieces on most of them , thats why I am trying to concentrate on just these two I have nothing on , hoping to get some idea what happened to them.

I have Marriages for
                George Daniel in 1863 Southwark
                Frederick James 1884 Southwark
                John 1883 Bethnal Green I think ?
                Charles Owen 1877 Lowestoft

Deaths I think
                Emily 1870 Surrey
                William 1860

but nothing on the other two

Comment

I was hoping that the marriage certs might give some clue to the parents' whereabouts.

I see that George and Mary lived at 1 Paragon Place, Bermondsey, in 1851, and they were still there in 1859 when Mary Charlotte was baptised; however, they aren't at that address in 1861.

The address given by Frances and her husband Lewis Hall on their marriage cert is 7 John's Place, but neither the Knights or the Halls are there in 1861. However, John's Place appears to be right next to Paragon Place, so it might be worth trawling the census pages around that area in case they're really badly mistranscribed.

Comment

Isn't the William whose death you have in 1860 the William John baptised in 1857?

Comment

I see George and Mary gave their address as 1 John's Place when William and Emily were baptised in 1857, so perhaps that address was interchangeable with Paragon Place. In that case, I'd bet anything they were still in the same road in 1861, as Frances used a John's Place address in 1862.

Comment

In 1884 Frederick says his father's deceased, and John says the same in 1883, so at least that narrows the time scale for searching for George's death.
                        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 05-01-11, 00:16.

Comment

thanks Mary I am not at all sure the death is my William John ? just a could be .
                          One of my contacts did say she had 1881 down for George Williams death?? but no proof such a common name, another says 1855 which cannot be right as another child was born after that? or maybe two ? as there may have been a Henry Knight
                          I wonder if this is William in 1871 http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...26pgPLz0q3dpid
                          I did go through all the 1861 census in the area and found nothing , but I did get googly eyes after a while so could well have missed them
                          Thanks for trying.

Comment

is that area of London in the 1861 included in the missing bits? that may be why you cant find them.

Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Have you thought of trying contemporary Business Directories? I have managed to "follow" many family members this way.

Good hunting!

Comment

thanks Julie yes I did see that and the area they seemed to be in isn't on that list ??? in 1861 and I cannot find much in 1871 either ?
                                Thanks Ticino as they mostly were in the Shoe Trade or Cabinet Makers maybe they are listed ? shall definitely have a look.

Comment

hmmn I see what you mean, my knowledge of London isnt very good but I do suspect that is why I cannot find my lot that are in london.. on the 1861.
                                  Julie
                                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                    is that area of London in the 1861 included in the missing bits?
                                    No, it isn't missing - I gave the link to the page in an earlier message.

Comment

I have been going through that link again thanks Mary but no go as yet think I will give it a rest for now

Comment

Working...
                                      X