Passenger lists from Ireland to Scotland around 1849

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger lists from Ireland to Scotland around 1849

Quite a specific title there! I'm hoping to nail down my ancestors in an exact year to help assist further research. From information I already have, my 4x great grandmother (Jane Fowler nee Ross) and her son Robert were living in the Kirkcubbin area of County Down until sometime in the late 1840s. I can pin Robert down to still living in N.I. until around 1847 when his wife gave birth to their 12th and final child in Glastry, County Down. They then both appear, along with Robert's entire family, in the Scottish 1851 census living in Auchinleck, Ayrshire.

What happened to Jane's husband and their other 4 children seems to be a mystery. On her death certificate dated 1855, at the grand age of 100, it is noted that she lived "6 years in this neighbourhood". My research into their life in Ireland has provided no results as yet. Perhaps if I could pinpoint the precise dates and ports from where they left Ireland I could narrow down my search further. Unfortunately I have been unable to locate any passenger lists from the era specified, and hope that someone may be able to point me in the correct direction!

I dont think that there were passenger lists from Ireland - Scotland, anywhere. You may be lucky if they needed to have parish relief, they maybe listed in settlement records? have you tried searching Familysearch? they might have abit more info ?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

No passenger lists from Ireland to Scotland because both were part of the united kingdom at that time.

Does her death cert not give details of where she was born/her parents' names? 1855 Scottish certs are normally extremely informative. (Dependant on the knowledge of the informant, of course).

OC

Comment

Thanks for the help anyway guys. The informant on the death certificate was her grandson who seems only to have had a patchy knowledge of her; that she was born in County Down, Ireland and her parents were unknown.

I'll just have to keep trying to track down some records of them from Ireland by the looks of it!

Comment

Working...
        X