Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1901 Census help please

Hi and Happy New Year to one and all!

Could someone be kind enough to do a 1901 look up for me?

I am looking for William George F Gulliford born 28/06/1898 in Clerkenwell London. Any other family information that is available would also be greatly appreciated.

I am curious about this family as they are on my wifes side, and I also have Gullifords on my mothers side as well.

Many thanks, in advance.;D
    Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

1901 census
    William G Gulliford c1866 St Pancras, London - occ Stained Glass worker
    Elizabeth Gulliford c 1868 St Pancras, London
    Harry S Gulliford c 1890 St Pancras, London
    William J Gulliford c1899 Clerkenwell, London -if you look at image it is William G Gulliford

address21 Charlotte Street, Islington, London
    RG13; Piece: 184; Folio: 121; Page: 13
    Elaine

Comment

A possible marriage - the certificate is available on Ancestry in the LMA record collection

William George Gulliford age 23 - bachelor - Stained Glass Painter - address 41 King Street - father James Gulliford, occ. Carpenter
      Spouse Name: Elizabeth Brittain age 21 - spinster - address 41 King Street - father Thomas Brittain, occ. Bootmaker

20 Jan 1889
      All Saints, Camden Town
      Elaine

Comment

Hi Was he a Stained Glass worker?? Have William George 35, wife Elizabeth 33, son Harry 11, son William 2 all at 21 Charlotte Street Islington?????
        Rachel - ukfamilyhistory

Comment

Harry's baptism is on Ancestry..

Harry Smith Gulliford, date of birth 24 July 1889
          Baptism Date- 15 Sep 1889 - Camden Town All Saints, Camden
          Father: William George Gulliford - occ. Stained Glass painter
          Mother: Elizabeth Gulliford
          address: 31 Queen Street

Having trouble finding them in 1891 at the moment.
          Elaine

Comment

Great stuff, many thanks girls it looks like you have scored a direct hit on the family for me, I had identified them as potentials by the fathers name as not that mny William Georges but couldn't link them back Via William George jnr.

As ever great quality information many thanks.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

Thanks all, I seem to have them pinned down now! William George jnr, is son of William George snr, and appears to be grandson of James Carey Gulliford (Iam linking this through stated occupation, multiple baptisms in the same church and the wedding listed above.
              They also had a son called James Carey Guliford who married Louisa Matthew.
              It looks like they were from Somerset, which I suspected as Gulliford seems to be a very west country name, looking to see if both sets of Gulliford I now have are linked!

Comment

Thanks to you I now have Gullifords running around all over the place (ha, ha!) Seriously though I have been able to get back a couple more generations and fill in details of other half's and links to the west country as well.

Just need one more help with this string, I have a death reference and have looked up the information but cannot understand what the stated cause of death is. Can anyone help with this? The link to the page is "search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=LMAdeaths&h=221908&indiv=try&o_vc=Recor d:OtherRecord&rhSource=8913" The individual is James Carey Gulliford died 28th April 1918

Hopefully someone can decipher it! Many thanks in advance.

Comment

I think it says senectus which means old age

Jackie

Comment

Hey Night Owl, Many thanks for the info, and the link, most interesting.

I think I am about as far back as I can get with these now as I am back to 1781 with John Guliford (Gulliford)

Comment

New here and a Gulliford. Not sure you are interested in this info but I found your link when I was looking for info on my grandfather. I am just starting to try to piece some of this together. My paternal grandfather was James Carey Gulliford. He divorced Louisa Matthew in 1904. He married Annie Hynd in Montreal in 1911. They had one son George who died in infancy whom I believe died in Saskatchewan but not positive. I do not know the death dates for either grandfather or grandmother, but he had died before I was born. She is buried in Park Lawn Cemetary in Toronto, Ontario Canada. My father John Hynd Gulliford was born in Toronto February 25, 1919 died January 11, 1999. He married Nora MacNamara on Victory in Europe day. They had a son I.. J.... Gulliford in July, 1949 and adopted me Margot Marie Gulliford b. Nov.6 1958, on February 25, 1959. The line ends with us as neither of us has children. I would be interested in knowing if James and Louisa had any children. Cheers

Sorry Margot but I have had to remove your brother name as you haven't stated that he is deceased. I'm afraid that we don't allow the names of living people. If he is deceased though we will happily put it back on for you.
                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 28-07-14, 16:03.

Comment

andymac hasn't been on for some considerable time Margot, so may not see your message. Can I suggest that you send him a Private Message. You will find this if you click on his name. If his e-mail address has not changed he should receive notification that you have sent him a message.
                        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 28-07-14, 16:06.
                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                        X