Another Ancestry query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Ancestry query

I don't know if this might be of use to anyone else, too....

Ancestry com has got a reduced membership offer on until 4 Jan. I was just about to take out a worldwide membership with Ancestry UK. If the US site offer works out to be cheaper than the UK one, would it be all the same if I enrolled with that with worldwide membership or would the UK site offer any advantages ? Will probably be changing my email address soon....anybody done that during an Ancestry membership & are there any problems ?

Thanks

If you are taking out worldwide membership is doesn't matter whether you do it via ancestry.co.uk or ancestry.com. The subscription package and records available are the same.
    You shouldn't have any problem changing an email address part way through an annual subscription. You can do this yourself via the "My account" tab at the top right of the Ancestry page.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks (yet again) Elaine

Comment

If anyone's interested, I've worked out that the special offer worldwide membership with Ancestry com works out at about 133 pounds, as opposed to 155 pounds if you take it with Ancestry UK (you'd have to add on any extra costs for paying in dollars)

Comment

Although you're better off going via the German Ancestry site....works out at 120 pounds.....& that's not a limited special offer.

OK......I'm going now...............

Comment

These differences apply to shorter term subscriptions too

Comment

Sorry chaps---posted on the wrong thread by mistake

Comment

Working...
              X