ANCESTRY. Which option ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANCESTRY. Which option ?????

Hello folks, I am considering going back to Ancestry ( in spite of not really liking the layout) but only having the Essential package in the past I wonder if there is any advantage to upgrading to the Premier option ....I do not have need of trying to trace anyone abroad....so can anyone give me any tips as to which is the best option? The difference in price is about £24.00....

Margaret.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

I went for the Premium becuase that gets you the London Metroplitan Archives records - wonderful if you have any Londoners.

Not sure what else you would get, though.

Comment

You get access to their parish registers etc but very little overseas stuff. I have the premium, would not consider just the essentials package and with their 1911 census coming this year I can save my FMP census subscription.

Where you using the "old search" on Ancestry ? I don't get on with the "new search"
      Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
      http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Go for the Premium - There is probably heaps been added since you last used it......... and the layout has been altered, there is new tree layout, they have added a 'relationship to you' facility, masses of military records, 1911 Census index - full 1911 to follow during 1911 etc;etc: Not much overseas stuff as Mike has said.

Nina

Comment

Thank you for your advise..I think I will take the plunge & opt for the Premium..I believe they have female prisoners info !!!!!

Margaret.
          Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

Yes they do Margaret and they are adding so much more, I can see the time fast approaching when I may ditch FMP, though I must admit I do like the census search layout and FMP is not so Americanised as Ancestry.

Comment

I've just finished a 6-month World subscription which came "free" with Family Tree Maker. You can get a 6-month Premium subscription free if you buy FTM 2011 Platinum edition from PC World for £29.99 (Amazon's price is similar). The World subscription includes the immigration and emigration records such as ships' manifests. I'm gearing up to see what sort of deal I can do with Ancestry when they reopen after the holiday.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi All

Sorry to highjack the thread but I didn't want to start a new one. I spent about 5 years tracing my trees a couple of years ago but had a break when I had my baby. I really want to start it up again and want to know whether to subscribe to Ancestry or Find My Past. I always used to subscribe to Ancestry but currently only have a FMP 1911 census sub which is due to expire in a few days.

I currently have FTM 2006 so am considering buying 2011 Platinum so that gives me Ancestry for 6 months but I am confused by what is available on both sites now.

My ancestors are from south London, before that Essex and before that Surrey. My in laws are from Manchester, Yorkshire, Warwickshire and Scotland!

Can anone advise me, would one particular site be better than the other? I think Ancestry but is that because it is what I know?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to rejoining this lovely community
                :D Charney Jo

Comment

Working...
                X