Windows live messenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows live messenger

Is there a function to have group conferences like you can on Yahoo messenger ? I dont mean chat I mean typing? thanks

Hi Val,

After all these years I still don't know what Windows Live Messenger is. Why Live?

A HAPPY NEW YEAR MMX1 TO YOU AND ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE FORUM
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hyer Margaret nor do I ??? it probably just means you get the message straight away rather than having to open an email ???
      Did you have a good xmas ???

Comment

To have a group chat, you first need to create a 'group'
        You do this from the menu in messenger CONTACTS > CREATE A GROUP

You can then initiate a group chat with members of that group

The whole suite of communication from Microsoft is called 'Live' as it allows realtime communication and collaboration between users.

I used to use this for collaborated comminication with students on assignment tasks, but now we have an internal system that the college uses.
        It works well, as you can share files and even connect via webcams
        Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 31-12-10, 16:54.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

If you are already in conversation with someone you can invite others to join in. Just click invite at the top.
          Christine in Portugal

Comment

thanks very much Trevor , thought there must be a way, and thanks Christine that sounds simple enough .

Comment

Working...
            X