Ancestry subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry subscription

This is on behalf of a friend who's thinking of taking out a subscription to Ancestry. She's heard that they are special offers sometimes & was wondering if these come up at any particular times of the year.

They don't seem to come up at any particular time, in fact I don't think Ancestry as such directly offers many discounts now. In the past we have had special offers if you join the Australian site and Canadian sites, but for the UK site there is rarely something which you cannot beat in other ways.

One way of obtaining a discount is to phone Ancestry on their freephone number and see if you can persuade the person on the other end to give you a discount. As a first time subscriber this might be difficult to do - but certainly worth a try when it is time to renew your subscription. I recently managed a 25% discount on the Premium membership which saved me about £26.

The best way of doing it at the moment seems to be with the purchase of Family Tree Maker 2011. The Platinum edition of this program currently offers a six month free subscription for the ancestry premium package which is worth £53.70 You can buy this from Amazon for £30 - so even if you don't want the program then you have saved over £20 on the subscription.

If your friend lives in the UK and shops at Tesco then there is an offer using Tesco points - someone posted about it earlier - will find the link for you.
    Elaine

Comment

Tesco offer - post #5 on this thread
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks very much, Elaine. I'm VERY impressed by your telephone negotiating skills.....but I appreciate this wouldn't apply to a first time subscriber, but I must admit it wouldn't have occurred to me to try it if I was renewing

Comment

And don't forget that if you are paying with money.....go through Quidco, thinks it's 25% cashback at the mo.
          Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
            X