Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTM 2010 How do you delete duplicate media thumbnails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 How do you delete duplicate media thumbnails?

I've been merging my FTM, Roots Magic and Ancestry trees, but I've ended up with duplicate media thumbnails (on rh side of screen. How do I delete the duplicates? There is only one master file in the media folder but 4 copies of the thumbnail.
    This is driving me to drink!
    Any help / assistance appreciated
    L

I've tried for the last two months to find as 'fix', but have been unsuccessful

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

If you click on the MEDIA tab at the top of the screen (Plan/Places/People/Media/Sources etc) you should get all your thumbnails shown in alphabetical order in the centre of the screen. Do the duplicates show there - if so right click on the one(s) you want to delete, and select delete.

If you do have duplicates there then select Media details to check that they are not linked to different people.
      Elaine

Comment

Many thanks Elaine
        So simple when you know how
        L

Comment

Blimy, so why did the obvious of selecting and delete not work then.
          A right click is not the normal way of doing things in a program, I wonder who wrote this programe code.

Thanks for the answer Elaine

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
          X