Find My Past Blog - Start Your Family Tree Week: 27 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past Blog - Start Your Family Tree Week: 27 December

Today’s activity is all about finding your and your ancestors’ births in our birth records.

Get the whole family involved: each look up your own birth record. If any of your relatives have never been online before, now’s the time to get them started. See lots of useful resources to help them use the internet.

If you were born in Scotland, look up your birth on the ScotlandsPeople website. If you have Irish ancestry, take a look at www.startyourfamilytree.ie

Here’s the second question in our festive family history challenge:

Q: How many people with the last name Partridge were born in Anglesey between 1837 and 2006?

Once you’ve found the answer by searching the birth records at findmypast.co.uk, keep a note of it and come back to the blog tomorrow for the next question. Find out everything you need to know about our competition.

Now visit findmypast.co.uk’s Start Your Family Tree page to find out about today’s activity.

Today we have two special offers for you:

ScotlandsPeople would like to offer all customers who have existing credits in their account the opportunity to re-activate and use the credits at no cost through the use of a voucher code. This will allow customers who have expired credits to take the opportunity to use these without making a purchase.

All customers who have existing credits can now use the free voucher festive which will re-set the credit expiry to 90 days in their account. Customers may use this voucher any time until 1pm on Wednesday 5 January 2011. The voucher may only be used once in each account.

For information on how to use the voucher, click here.

My-History will give you 10% off when you purchase any of the family history products at www.my-history.co.uk. Just enter this code when you purchase any product: GJF384. This offer is only valid until midnight 28 December (UK time) so don’t delay!

More...
Working...
X