Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please can anyone point me in the right direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please can anyone point me in the right direction?

im researching hubbies side.mccartie,s.he was born in cork ireland 1849,he went to london we beleive as a boy.im trying to find what ship and were it came to?as i was hoping he would be with his parents on the sip?brenda xxx

Brenda,I don't think there are any records of passengers frm Ireland to England.That would make searching too easy! Have you tried English census records?
    Fran

Comment

i have him in 1881with a son denis,robert.
      1891 with denis,robert,edward,elizabeth,francis,james
      denis,edward,elizabeth,francis.
      but he came over from ireland im trying to find his parents.john married twice first wife was mary breen,second mary roche.

i have been googling all day my kneck hurts.i was hoping to use genes on new years eve.
      brenda xxx

Comment

Hi Brenda

I'm fairly sure that records weren't kept as travelling from Ireland to England was regarded like going from Wales or Scotland, all part of the same kingdom.
        I do sympathise though as my ex's gt x 2 Dennis McCarthy/James McCarthy/James Carter was allegedly of Irish stock. All I know is that Dennis/James says consistently he was born in Holborn abt 1829 though I haven't found a baptism. 1841 census has too many possibles, especially as the ages weren't accurate - and Dennis/James' father is just a name - Callaghan McCarthy - on his marriage cert. I believe the McCarthys came from Cork as most records show McCarthys and in particular several Callaghan McCarthys from Cork, but I can't find anything definite.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i have a denis born 1878 in surrey croydon,and this is johns son,but parents im lookin for johns parents.brenda xxxxxx

Comment

His marriage cert will give you the name and occupation of his father.Then you may be able to find the family on an earlier census ('71,'61).
            Fran

Comment

I'm in the same boat Bren -

I've got loads born in Ireland and have only found one that says where she's born and that was Cork (1901 census) too but have nothing else. She died before 1911.
              She married but not in England so am still stuck.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

they're right bren, if you have the marriage certs, you should have his father's name, and you might be able to locate his family in england.

Comment

Working...
                X