Wills....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wills....

I have recently found a couple of wills on Ancestry, and I would like to apply to the local office rather than go through York, does anyone have any tips/guidelines please. Do I have to send a Cheque? or can I pay by other means?

thanks for reading.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

I ordered a will through the Birmingham office and had a reply by return of post, well before the cheque was cashed. The necessary instructions are given on the website.

Peter

Comment

Can we please have a link to the web site where you can order copy wills. Thank you.
      Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

I went to Liverpool a few weeks ago to order a will from 1891,Liverpool, although I was told it would take weeks to come from York, I filled in the form and paid £5 and that was Wednesday, the will arrived from Liverpool Court on the Saturday.
        I got the address from the above site.

Edna

Comment

If you are looking for a Welsh Will then you can look for it on line here link above and they are readable on line each page of the will and can be purchased for a very small ammount, I got 3 wills with many pages for about £9

Edna

Comment

many thanks Peter and Edna though I suppose that with it being Christmas I'd be better off waiting until the holidays are over?
            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
              many thanks Peter and Edna though I suppose that with it being Christmas I'd be better off waiting until the holidays are over?
              Not necessarily as there will have to be staff on duty but there might not be much other work to do so it's worth a try now I would say.
              Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Linda from Murton View Post
                Can we please have a link to the web site where you can order copy wills. Thank you.
                Linda, although the website gives information about ordering, you cannot actually order wills online. Whether you send to York or one of the regional offices you still have to write a letter and send a cheque! One day they may arrive with the rest of us in the 21st C!!!

Anne

Comment

Oh Jeez,

trying now to remember where I put my cheque book!!
                  Julie

Comment

LOL, Julie ... I know, I hardly ever use mine!

Anne

Comment

I cant even remember the last time I used it ....
                      Julie

Comment

I cant even remember the last time I used it ....
                        Me neither and I was so crafty you didn't even notice.
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

??????? Glen????????
                          Julie

Comment

??????? Glen????????
                            Whoops, must have been another Julie who I borrowed a chequebook from when I spotted a "must have" cert or something I wanted.
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                            My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                            My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                              Whoops, must have been another Julie who I borrowed a chequebook from when I spotted a "must have" cert or something I wanted.
                              ah lol! am with you now.. sorry abit slow tonight.. and it must've been another Julie cos I have just found mine.. :p
                              Julie

Comment

That is the sole purpose of my cheque book - wills and certificates from local ROs.

Need to get round to ordering some soon, it's been too long since the last lot.

~~~ to Julie.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

~~~~ back to Tom :smilee:

I can't remember the last cert that I ordered, though am guessing it was well over a year ago. Now I have found my CB I need to compose my letter.
                                  Julie

Comment

hmmmn do I remember rightly that an Administration will only contain the info that is presented? i.e. that there wont be much more info IF I order it whereas a will, will be more informative
                                    Julie

Comment

Sadly that's the case. I ordered a couple before I cottoned on to that.

Comment

Thanks Ann - I shall write to the Newcastle office in the new year. My cheque book never leaves my handbag, although I can never find anywhere that takes cheques these days.

Merry Christmas and happy, successful searching in the New Year everyone.
                                        Kind regards - Linda
                                        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
                                        X