Date help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date help please?

Can anyone hazzard a guess when this photo might have been taken please.
    I thought I knew who the lady and the girl standing at the back were but I'm a bit puzzled. If they are who I thought the older girl standing back left was born in 1878 and her mother, sitting with child on knee, died in 1890 aged 47. Could the girl only be about 12 and the mother 46/47 if it was taken just before she died?

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I think they COULD be the ages you say. The woman looks quite likely to be in her 40s. The girl looks older than 12 to me though, although its possible.

Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne That's what I thought too, it was the girls age that worried me. She looks just like the lady I have photos of when she was older though that I couldn't discount it. I assume the lady is her mother too, it looks like a family photo.

Comment

I think the date is around 1900 ish, turn of the century.
        The two women look more like sisters to me, definately closely related with the same facial features,eyebrows,nose etc.

The one on the back-left who you call a girl looks like a grown woman to me, aged about 40 and even just slightly older than the lady sitting down.She is slimmer and has quite sunken cheeks. The girl in the front-left looks about 8 years old.

I'm probably way off ! Lol !

Comment

I do apologise Valley :o I got caught up with Christmas and completely forgot I had posted this.
          Thank you for your help I shall muse over what you have suggested and try to think who they could be. Whoever that is at the back left, I am totally convinced that she is at least closely related to the person I hoped it was, who was born in 1878. She looks the spitting image of my great aunt (granddad's sister), although I didn't know her of course until she was old. I have quite a number photographs of her though and even when she was old those features are unmistakable.
          Thank you again.

Comment

I think it is about 1910. I have some of my own family photos from around this time and the younger lady is wearing very similar clothes to the ones in my photos.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

I'd agree too Tom.. as a point of interest at what age did young ladies wear their hair up? I know as young girls they had to wear it down and loose, but at what age did they have it taken up ?
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

and i seem to have found an answer, kind of:

Eras of Elegance
                Last edited by Darksecretz; 04-01-11, 00:07.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you Tom and Julie I'm now thinking it must be different people completely. I'm convinced it's the same side of the family as the features are very distinctive, just different people. I shall have to go back to the drawing board and try to work it out. I'll have a look and see what photos I have of others on that branch and see if I can make a connection - watch this space :D

Comment

Working...
                  X