Find My Past Blog - Start Your Family Tree Week: competition information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past Blog - Start Your Family Tree Week: competition information

Read on for all you need to know about our Start Your Family Tree Week competition and how to enter…

How to enter

To enter findmypast.co.uk’s festive family history challenge prize draw, answer a question posted on the findmypast.co.uk blog every day between 26 December and 1 January, and then send all seven answers together in one email with the subject line ‘Festive challenge’ before midnight on 10 January 2011 (UK time) to competition@findmypast.co.uk, including your name, postal address and daytime telephone number.

First prize
    Second prize
    Third prize
    Other runner-up prizes
    Ten other runner-ups will each be allocated a bundle of prizes from the following list by findmypast.co.uk:
    • 1 ticket to a day course at the Society of Genealogists, London: ‘Family History for Beginners and Refreshers’ with Geoff Swinfield on Saturday 5 March 2011.
    • Society of Genealogists‘ publications
      • 1 x My Ancestor was an Agricultural Labourer by Ian Waller
      • 1 x My Ancestors were Londoners by Cliff Webb
      • 1 x My Ancestor was an Apprentice by Stuart Raymond
      • 1 x My Ancestor was in Service by Pamela Horn
      • 1 x My Ancestor was in the British Army by Chris and Michael Watts
    • A free start your family history beginners session at the Society of Genealogists with community officer Ashley Young who can help anyone start using computers and get the most from free online resources at the SoG, such as findmypast.co.uk and other online family history sites usually available on pay per view or subscription
    • 4 x 12-month subscriptions to Family Tree Magazine
    • 11 x Celebrating 25 Years of Family Tree Magazine bookazine
    • 4 x 12-month subscription to Your Family Tree magazine
    • 4 x 12-month subscription to BBC Who Do You Think You Are Magazine
    • 7-generation family tree chart from BBC Who Do You Think You Are Magazine
    • 1 photo album and set of sample pockets from www.my-history.co.uk to help with conserving documents and old photos
    • 20 x set of sample pockets from www.my-history.co.uk
    • A photo scanner from Pandigital
    • Family history books from Pen & Sword
      • 2 x Tracing Your Army Ancestors
      • 2 x Tracing Jewish Ancestors
      • 2 x Tracing Pauper Ancestors
    • 6 x copies of Glorious Britain from www.francisfrith.co.uk
    • 6 x copies of I Remember When from www.francisfrith.co.uk
    • 2 x framed print (medium in either B&W or Sepia). Photo is the winner’s choice - the winner will be provided with a promotional code to get 100% off their chosen product online at www.francisfrith.co.uk
    • How to Trace Your Ancestors Using a Computer for the Older Generation by Jim Gatenby
    Competition terms & conditions

All entrants must be over the age of 18.

The first entry opened with correct answers to all seven questions will win first prize, the second entry opened with correct answers to all seven questions will win second prize, the third entry opened with correct answers to all seven questions will win third prize. The other runner-up prizes will be allocated in no particular order to the next 10 correct entries opened.

Prizes are not transferable and no alternatives will be offered. No purchase is necessary.

First prize includes return travel by train from within the UK for the winner and one guest and two nights’ accommodation in London based on two people sharing a double or twin room. Only the winner’s family history will be researched.

Winners of a framed print from Francis Frith will be provided with a promotional code to get 100% off their chosen print (medium in either black and white or sepia) online at www.francisfrith.co.uk

All winners will be notified by email. Names of all the winners will be published on this blog on 21 January 2011.

More...
Working...
X