Query on a death certificate 1888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on a death certificate 1888

Mrs Catherine Pearcy died aged 86 in the Workhouse Infirmary Croydon, Surrey. Superintendent was the informant.

Certificate states that Catherine was "Wife of Joseph Pearcy, General Labourer of Mitcham." Does this mean that Joseph was still alive when she died in the Workhouse Infirmary?

I have been trying to locate the Death Registration of Joseph Pearcy born c.1806 Mitcham but can't find one for him.

Various Census records have the surname spelt incorrectly, so I'm wondering if his Surname on a death record could have been spelt incorrectly too.... if he also died in a workhouse.

Your comments would be appreciated.

1881 is the Last census where I found him still alive along with Catherine, living in Mitcham, Surrey.
    teresa

I'd think that Joseph was still living, otherwise it would read Widow of Joseph. But then again the information is only as good as the person supplying it
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Originally posted by vikki brace View Post
      I'd think that Joseph was still living, otherwise it would read Widow of Joseph. But then again the information is only as good as the person supplying it
      I took it that he was still living too...but now I'm having doubts!
      teresa

Comment

his may be his death
        Joseph Piercey
        1807-1890 Croydon Mar 2a 143

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          his may be his death
          Joseph Piercey
          1807-1890 Croydon Mar 2a 143
          Hi Val

Yes I think that could well be him....I will have to order it...... just to satisfy myself...even it it's not him!
          teresa

Comment

Working...
          X