Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KASPERSKY help please Error 1500 ??

I had to do a system restore which of course messed up Kaspersky
    Tried the normal thing of repairing it from the uninstall and remove programmes
    But keeps telling me

Error 1500
    Another installation is in progress you must complete that one before continuing with this one???

So used the removal tool then tried to re-install with a Zipfile from the site ,got same message.
    Have even tried putting my Disc in but keep getting the same message ????????
    Any ideas thanks

Val, Have looked at this link?

Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hi Margaret and thanks but this is a problem in Kaspersky itself so that wont fix it ? I have downloaded Avast for now as I dont want to pick up any virus's

Comment

Have you tried emailing kasperski with the problem i found them helpful when i used them.
        Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

I did Alan but cant find it now ???

Comment

it might be worth looking at this site
            Get help with Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS

Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

thanks again Alan I did manage to email them and this time saved it to my favourites had a confirmation email so now waiting for a response, have installed Avast while I wait.

Comment

When it happened to me Val - same thing, after system restore, I just uninstalled and then downloaded it again and it worked ok for me.

Comment

mine wont this time Heather keeps telling me I already have an installation in progress??? and when I boot up the installer does flash across the screen for an instant ???
                  Was hoping they would have replied by now .

Comment

I know nothing about Kaspersky, but I wonder if it was time to update the virus signatures (or whatever it uses) whilst you were doing the system restore? Perhaps it could have got confused and then could not complete either. There's probably a flag file somewhere which, if deleted, would allow K to think one of the processes had completed even if it hadn't fully done so.

Comment

have had a reply from them now thanks Col it is always updating so maybe your right but I cannot find any files with kaspersky in the name on the PC ??

Comment

Hi Val,

Mayb KASPERSKY have another user name or known by the name of the manufacturer. Like Norton is Symantec.
                        Have you looked in your programme folder? Or done a general search of the Hard Drive in case it has fallen over the edge!

Getting 'Hyped up for the Big Night' sticking with Pamela. (Sorry, I should not use this site for the comment ~ excitment has overtaken me).
                        Last edited by Margaret N; 18-12-10, 16:11. Reason: correct spelling
                        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

thanks Margaret you could well be right ? yes I'm excited too cannot wait for tomorow night , I'm sure they will forgive us this once if we smile sweetly ???

Comment

Val
                            If there is a flag file it probably would not have Kaspersky in the name. A quick Internet search suggests they use kav (for K Anti-Virus) and kis (for K Internet Security) for their program files, so it could be something based on one of these. Without knowing exactly what they use, it would be very hard to look for. Short names would be more likely. If they were known by your username, they might call it vwins.ini! Or they might not. Sorry to be unhelpful - it must be the snow outside.

Comment

WHO OWNS KASPERSKY
                              Eugene and Natalya Kaspersky are the current owners of Kaspersky Lab, which was founded in 1997. The noted Russian-based Internet-security firm reported a sales turnover of $370 million in 2009.
                              References:
                              Russia & India Report: IT Security -- Eugene Kaspersky
                              Resources:
                              Networks Asia: Kaspersky Launches Kaspersky Open Space
                              Read more: Who owns kaspersky? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2273686#ixzz18U8Ogazj
                              Margaret N

Comment

Val carnt you get hold of Kaspasky to tell them whats going on with yours ??

edit sorry just re read but I would still get back in touch with them and let them know whats happening ;;
                                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

thanks Babs they have replied now but the things they have told me to do I already have done and it did not work ?

Comment

Oh Dam well get back to them and tell them that ;;;
                                    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I'm quite pleased with this Avast I have installed for the time being if I thought it was safe I'd keep it?

Comment

Working...
                                      X