fathers name please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fathers name please

i have the marriage cert of james mckay and catherine thomson, 24 aug 1855, west calder, lothian. grooms parents are walter mckay and isabelle thomson, brides parents are ? thomson and isabelle thomson. can anyone tell me the brides father?

Last edited by kylejustin; 11-12-10, 05:45.

At first glance I thought it might be Arthur, but looking again I'm not sure.
    Sorry, not much help am I?
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Looks like Martin to me - there's a cross stroke half way through the word.
      Margaret

Comment

I thought Arthur too at first glance, but it's not a very Scottish name, Arthur!

Did the bride and groom REALLY both have mothers called Isabella Thomson? That is a mistake, surely?

OC

OC

Comment

I'd go for Martin (though I can see where Arthur comes from).....I think there's definitely a dotted !i!

Comment

Is it correct that the groom was McGowan & his father McKay?

Do you know the names of James & Catherine's children please as it may help?

Katherine

Comment

I would go with Martin too.

I can't see Arthur at all, my first thought was Mathew as I'm sure the first letter is M.
              Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

thanx all. i guess martin fits best, it was def a 'm' at the start. sorry it is mckay, not mcgowan, im mudling up the lines. i thought it weird that both mothers were isabella thomson, but it wouldnt be surprising if they turned out to be related, it seems to do that in scottish family trees.

Comment

I thought MATTHEW

Comment

My idea was Matthew or Mathias

Comment

Walther maybe.

Comment

Martin. The a is similar to the a in Isabella and the t is crossed through as in the name above.

Janet
                        Last edited by Janet; 12-12-10, 12:03.

Comment

i still havnt been able to find the parents marriages, or catherines bap, but i should think martin is the easiest fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X