Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queries on 1911 census England and Scotland in2011

does any one know:-
    1) i bought the images of the english 1911 census when they came out but need to read the disability column when its available - will i have to pay again. i never saved the images to the 1911 site.
    2) when does the scottish 1911 census come out and will it be only on scotlandspeople?
    thanks very much.
    Angelina

Angelina
    To answer your first question, I don't hink you need to 'SAVE' the images, if you have opened them there should be a list of all the ones you have viewed. Unfortunately I cannot remember where the list is and I'm at work so cannot check.
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Lookups done and paid for on the official 1911 census site are stored so you can go back to them - click on the "MY RECORDS" tab at the top of the page.
      As to whether you will need to search again (and pay) when the new images are added that show the disability column ... no idea!

I think the Scottish census is due to be released Spring/Summer 2011. Can't imagine it will be available online from anywhere other than Scotlands People.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks very much I will keep my fingers crossed. Hope you have good time in tenerife. my daughter is out there and just laughs a lot when i moan about the weather here. she has said tho it has been raining so maybe take a brolly?
        Angelina

Comment

Elaine thanks for the info - hope its free and that i got on the right website with the my records bit. i have horrible feeling i was one of the first to hit the beta site hem hem.!
          Angelina

Comment

Scottish 1911 census online April 2011.

Comment

I hope April hurries up....I can't wait.....I couldn't find my grandfather on the 1901 Scottish census.....I am hoping to find him on the 1911 one so I know who brought him up after his mother died.

Comment

i just hope the transcriptions are easy to look thru on scotlands people then. I have a few lookups to do and dont want to waste any credits. three and half months to wait !!!
                Angelina

Comment

To protect the privacy of individuals, census returns may only be inspected after 100 years.
                  In line with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, the 1911 census will be available in Spring 2011, once the 100-year closure period has elapsed.
                  Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                    http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/co...index.aspx?101
                    To protect the privacy of individuals, census returns may only be inspected after 100 years.
                    In line with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, the 1911 census will be available in Spring 2011, once the 100-year closure period has elapsed.
                    Seems scotlandspeople cannot count, spring 2011 is only 99 years after census year.
                    If they are to comply with the law (which requires 100 years after the end of the year the census was taken) the Scottish 1911 census cannot be released until 1st January 2012.
                    Cheers
                    Guy
                    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Yes Guy but the English 1911 census was realeased this year!
                      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Granny Lynne

England and Scotland have different laws.

Guy

I was almost sure I read somewhere (a while ago) that the Scottish 1911 wouldn't be released until April 20122, for the very reason you give, i.e. that is the full hundred years. But it looks as though either I was wrong about that OR they have changed their minds!

OC

Comment

Depends what you call released Granny Lynne, I call released as the day the public were granted access to the census i.e. 11 December 2006. ;)
                          (The day I won my judgement).
                          But other may suggest that early January 2007 (when the GRO began their census look-up service) as the date of release.
                          Others still may view the day Brightsolid opened their 1911 online site as the day of release.

However the Scottish census was specifically exempted from the Freedom of Information Act (Scotland).

If they have changed their minds O.C. it proves there was no legal obstacle in it being released earlier as with the 1911 for England & Wales.
                          If that is the case it opens the door for every later census to be released immediately. ;)
                          Cheers
                          Guy
                          Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                            Granny Lynne

England and Scotland have different laws.

Guy

I was almost sure I read somewhere (a while ago) that the Scottish 1911 wouldn't be released until April 20122, for the very reason you give, i.e. that is the full hundred years. But it looks as though either I was wrong about that OR they have changed their minds!

OC
                            Blimey OC !..... Some of us can't wait that long

Nina

Comment

Lol, sorry, I corrected the 19112 but missed the 20122!

OC

Comment

Working...
                              X