Security message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security message

Every time I try to view a web page or an email I now get a box that pops up with a 'padlock' : Do you want to view only the web page content that was delivered securely. This web page contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire web page.
    YES/NO. If I say Yes I seem to only get half the message if any and if I say NO all is well.
    Can someone please explain why this should suddenly of happened and what it is about.
    PlusThe snow flakes are OK at the top of the site but in the box where we are typing they are awful and make me feel quiet sick. Anyone else got this problem. While typing the script seems to have a shake. Not good, sorry about that.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret scroll down to the Fonts box click on it and change it there, not sure about your other problem

Comment

Hello Val,

Many thanks I had never explored that fare.

No offence meant to anyone but when one is trying to type or read something it proved difficult for me. Maybe it is because of my eye op last January. I found the snow extra bright and needed my sunglasses which I have never used before.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Puzzled by the main problem.

The snowstorm is making all typing and moving down the page very slow. It is not affecting other sites, so I presume it has to be the snow.

Comment

Col if you go to the bottom of the page you can change your Font so as not to see the Snow

Comment

Thanks, Val. That box could do with a label - I didn't realize it had anything to do with the display.
            (For anyone else as thick as me, it's the drop-down listbox on the far left of the bar at the bottom which has 'Contact Us' 'Family Tree Forum' 'Archive' and 'Top' at the right)

Comment

The box at the bottom left contains a list of what are called "skins," which define colours, styles, fonts, etc., so choosing anything without "snowy night" in the title will get rid of the snow. I can't say that I'm having any issues with those skins using Firefox, though. The skins with LF at the end of the name will have a larger font.

Margaret, have you installed new security software? Which browser are you using?
              Last edited by lorry53; 11-12-10, 11:36.
              Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Lorry,

I use IE8 and this has probably only happened since then. Security software I use MS Essentials and Ad Aware.

It is a very rare occassion that I download anything on to my PC. It is almost the same as when puchased some four years ago except for them three items that I use.
                Margaret N

Comment

Margaret, try this:

Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level. Scroll down to the Miscellaneous section and set "Display mixed content" to Enable.
                  Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Hi Lorry,

I have changed the settings and will have to wait and see if it works. I do not get enough emails to prove it as yet. When I looked at the settings they were set to 'Prompt' and I got a warning when I changed it (was I really sure etc). This probably has come about as a result of using MS Essentials. I had looked at security before but not in such depth.
                    Thank you for your help.
                    If I ever buy an AppleMac that I waffle about are you an expert in that field? I know so few people to assit me which is why I will probably be forced into MS again.
                    Margaret N

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
                      If I ever buy an AppleMac that I waffle about are you an expert in that field? I know so few people to assit me which is why I will probably be forced into MS again.
                      I'm afraid not, but I'm sure there are folk with Mac knowledge here.

Comment

Lorry,

No it has made no difference but thanks for trying to help.
                        Margaret N

Comment

Is there a check box in the message that allows you to specify that you don't want to see the message again? Does the message appear if you use other browsers, such as Firefox?

Comment

Lorry,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you but as I get so little email I had to wait and see. Your first idea appears to have worked and I have not seen the message again. Many thanks.
                            Seasons Greetings.
                            Margaret N

Comment

Working...
                            X