Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the same woman please?

Hi all,

I've seperated this part of my posting from the dating request as that bit has been answered & put at early 1900s to about 1910s. I'm wondering if the top photo could have been my G.Grandmother in her younger days...(Or maybe her mother my G.Grandmothers mother but she was born in 1851 & died in 1891, so with the dates of the clothing put at early 1900s to about 1910s I think that rules her out).

I’ve added a photo (second photo) of my G.Grandmother what I think was taken in about 1920, at the time this photo was taken she’d already had 13 children. My G Grandmother was born in 1878. I have also added a photo (3rd photo) of her when she was older - so you can see how she aged (don’t know when this was taken).

Do you think she may be the same person as the lady in the top picture please? Also can anyone hazzard a guess of the lady in the first photo's age please?

Thank you all for any help offered it is very much appreciated

Last edited by jadzia; 20-08-13, 05:05. Reason: Removed Photo's
    Ness

to help you decide have put them together,features are simular

Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Thank you very much Roy that really helps. I think it does look like her but the thickness of the lips are throwing me....having said that her lips had thinned quite a lot between the second & third photo in my post....the second photo was taken in about 1920 & she died in 1942 aged 64.

I'd love to know what everyone else's opinion is aswell though because the more I look at them the more I don't know
      Last edited by jadzia; 07-12-10, 12:16.
      Ness

Comment

Hi all,

I have had a lot of views on this posting but so far only one reply about the likelyhood of the person in the first photo being the same person (or not) as in the bottom two photos. In the second posting Roy very kindly put the three photos together to help me decide which helped a lot. I am leaning towards it ‘is’ the same person but I am not sure. I would love to get more opinions (either way) about if you think it is the same person to help me be surer . Please leave me your opinions to help me to decide, thank you
        Ness

Comment

I think you are correct. Assuming they are all of the smae person the youngest photo and the middle one look quite similar to each other. Also the middle one and the oldest one look similar - you know these are the same person, I think. Therefore it follows that probably they are all the same person.

The eyes are similarly quite close together in all of them. My reservation comes in the distance between nose and lip between the youngest and the others. Maybe this is just the angle of the photo. Not sure.

Anne

Comment

Thank you for your help Anne I really appreciate it. I see what you mean about the distance between nose and lip but as you say it could just be the angle of the photo. Thanks again
            Ness

Comment

Originally posted by jadzia View Post
              Thank you for your help Anne I really appreciate it. I see what you mean about the distance between nose and lip but as you say it could just be the angle of the photo
              plus the lighting always makes a difference. I think it's the same person too

Lips thin with age and noses get bigger (no hope for me)
              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                plus the lighting always makes a difference. I think it's the same person too

Lips thin with age and noses get bigger (no hope for me)
                :D;D Me either.....Thank you for your help Rachel
                Ness

Comment

Looks like the same person to me.
                  Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
                    Looks like the same person to me.
                    Thank you for your help Vivienne
                    Ness

Comment

I think they are all the same person as well.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Vanessa,

the young lady I would say in that particular photo is probably early/mid 20's and i'd also say Vanessa that they (all 3 pictures) are the same person :smilee:
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Oops sorry I only just saw your replies :o

Thanks Tom Tom & Julie. I'm as sure as I can be it's my Great Grandmother and with the age range you put her in Julie it fits

Thank you all I really appreciate your help.
                          Ness

Comment

I think it's the same person in all three photos too. The slight difference between lip and nose could well be just the angle of the photograph - and I think the upper lip looks exactly the same shape in photos 1 and 2.
                            Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Thank you for your reply Somerset Sal
                              Ness

Comment

Working...
                              X