Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for free FH software for Windows or Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for free FH software for Windows or Mac?

MyHeritage has launched Family Tree Builder 5.0:

Download Family Tree Builder - excellent free genealogy software. Downloaded more than 5 million times.

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thanks Caroline, a contact had recently asked for a software package for Mac and this has just answered it

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
      MyHeritage has launched Family Tree Builder 5.0:

Download Family Tree Builder - excellent free genealogy software. Downloaded more than 5 million times.

Thanks Caroline,

I saw this & downloaded it yesterday...haven't had chance to have a really good look at it yet but from what I have looked at it seems good. The only downside (if you can call it that) I have noticed is when I downloaded my tree from ancestry onto it the photos didn't download with it, having said that I don't know if this was the programme that didn't do it or if I just didn't select the right settings etc as i'm just plodding along & not really sure what i'm doing :D
      Ness

Comment

Thanks very, very much, Caroline....as you may have seen, I've just returned my Family Tree Maker for Mac to Amazon, having discovered that my Mac is one version too early to use it & I'd just come in here to ask the best place to order Reunion from. At this stage, I don't need all the (to me) sophisticated facilities it offers, so this could be just the thing

Comment

You knew it would be only a matter of time till numpty came back......

I've downloaded it, but can't open it. I've gone onto the website & in the "Help" section it says there isn't a version for Mac & refers you to a My Heritage link to build a family tree. That will do for me, I think, but I was just wondering if I'd misunderstood anything.

Thanks very much again

Comment

It looks as though their launch publicity was misleading - sorry!!

As I am not a Mac user, I hadn't tested it: http://www.myheritage.com/help/2009/...ac-version/en/
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Don't worry, Caroline....think My Heritage will be find to build a tree....which is what I want at the moment because I can't write. Glad I ordered FTM now because it isn't suitable...lost the postage but have saved more

Comment

greyingrey,

A link for Reunion for MAC http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...on9support.php
                Margaret N
                DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
                X