HELP please with Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP please with Guy

Hi,I have found Samuel Guy born 1825,Bridgford on the Hill,Nottingham, 1851 census and 1861 census but not 1841 census.I looked on the IGI and found him with parents William and Mary.Can anyone find me the 1841 with father William and mother Mary,I would appreciate some fresh eyes on this.I know there is a William Guy at Guys Farm ,Cropwell Bishop Nottingham but wife is Ann? Thankyou.

Have you looked here (in Gedling):
    HO107/865/11 fo 4 p 2 (3rd line down)

William and Mary (with presumed siblings) are at HO107/855/4 fo 27 p 6 (Basford (Arnold))

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 30-11-10, 00:19.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Farndon,

are these Guys connected to you at all? the reason I ask is that the Guys of Gedling are connected to me.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi,Yes my gran was a Guy,her father was Charles Guy from Arnold,Nottingham.He married Ada lane.

Comment

Charles father was John Guy born 1851,Arnold,they lived on Gedling road,and Hallams Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by fardon View Post
              Charles father was John Guy born 1851,Arnold,they lived on Gedling road,and Hallams Lane.
              would that be Samuel/Anns son? (Charles I mean.) and did he have a sister called Harriet b abt 1850?
              Julie

Comment

Hi,only just looked in!Charles parents are Samuel Guy and Ann ?Harriet born abt 1850 is Charles sister.Samuel is a labourer and Ann is a washer woman on the 1851 census living at Arnold.Charles was a coal hewer and I was told he had a pit pony by my gran.

Comment

Harriet had a daughter Annie in 1876 and she married George WOOD in 1896
                  Julie

Comment

Charles married Ada Lane at Arnold.

Comment

I have sent you an email Suzanne
                      Julie

Comment

following on from this can anyone spot William/Mary in 1851 or subsequent census? I dont think that they are the same couple as the ones that are in Nottingham as this William seems to be an owner of houses.

William/mary b. 1800 nottinghamshire.
                        Last edited by Darksecretz; 04-12-10, 00:26.
                        Julie

Comment

Hi yes ,spotted William Guy and Sarah 1851 census,Daybrook,Arnold.Wife is Sarah on here,maybe he was married to a sarah before Mary?Not sure.William is a frame work knittter on this census.William is born 1800.Guy is spelt Guye ,with an e. Still looking though.

Comment

nope! on 1841 census ,William with Mary but still FWK.

Comment

The only other one I can see is William Guy born Bingham,Nottingham but with Ann as wife? He was resident at Guys Farm Cropwell Bishop ,Nottingham.

Comment

Thanks Suzanne, I'll have another look am in the process of compiling another email to you. I have been doing abit more work on the Guy line.
                                Julie

Comment

right, am convinced now that Mary dies in 1841 William marries Sarah Caunt, and I have found these in 1851 as GUYE I still can't find them in the 1861 though. Flamin family....lol.

1851:

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2128; Folio: 165; Page: 17; GSU roll: 87758.
                                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 04-12-10, 11:44.
                                  Julie

Comment

lol!yes ,flamin family!I will see if I can find 1861 ,thanks!I look forward to email Julie.

Comment

email on its way Suzanne am now gonna look to see if I can find them in 1861...
                                      Julie

Comment

just call me brilliant!!! ;)

William dies, though havent found a death yet! Sarah marries again to a Joseph FEARFIELD in 1859

Name: Sarah Guy
                                        Year of Registration: 1859
                                        Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
                                        District: Nottingham
                                        County: Nottinghamshire
                                        Volume: 7b
                                        Page: 320

here they are with some GUY children in 1861

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2443; Folio: 8; Page: 9; GSU roll: 542971.

EDIT TO SAY:

Willliam GUY death dec Q 1855 Nottingham BUT the vol/page number are rather difficult to read, I'm pretty sure the VOL is 7b but the page number is really quite difficult to see on freeBMD.

EDIT TO SAY: on Ancestry the page number is 136
                                        Last edited by Darksecretz; 04-12-10, 22:09.
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X