Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo dating if possible please

Hi all,

Could anyone give me any ideas of dates these photographs may have been taken please. I don't know where these lovely ladies fit into my tree, if anyone has any guesses about the ages of them that would be really helpful. They are definately part of my family as their features look so similar to other photos I have got. I thought if I maybe had an idea of dates it may give me an idea of where they fit into my family. Their photo's were stuck onto the top of a photo of my great Aunt.

Also do you think it's possible they may be mother & daughter? Any help is greatly appreciated...Thank you in advance
    Last edited by jadzia; 20-08-13, 05:16. Reason: Removed Photo
    Ness

I wouldn't have thought they were related necessarily, they don't look obviously similar. I'm no good at dating photos but going on ones I have in my family whose dates I do know, I'd say it looks like early 1900s.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

The highneck blouses put them into the 1910s for me - I have many similarly dressed women in my family photos which are dated properly on the back, lol.

Unlike Nell, I would have said the two women COULD be related although they have very different mouths. Their jawlines are similar and from the nose upwards they are similar, it's just that mouth.

OC

Comment

I'd go with the 1910s too, there are similar blouse and hair styles in the Costume Gallery

Comment

Thank you all for your help & the links....having looked at them I can see where you get the dates from & totally agree. Can anyone hazard a guess of the ages of the two ladies in the top photo please?

The Lady on the left as you look at the picture has a lot of similarities in looks to a lot of my family including myself but the lady on the right I wouldn’t have said looked very much like anyone that I knew in my family….until I saw some photos of my Great-Grand parents children & she has a very similar shape face & mouth as some of them. So I was wondering if she could have been my G.Grandmothers mother she was born in 1851 & died in 1891, (although with the dates of the clothing this probably wasn’t her). The other possible option could be my G.Grandfathers mother she was born in 1846 & died in 1907. So it may be her....

Many thanks all I really appreciate your help
          Last edited by jadzia; 05-12-10, 20:43.
          Ness

Comment

here we go.. if the lady in the picture that we cant see is your great Aunt, she would be a sister to one of your grandparents. Maybe the two smaller pictures on the top of her picture are her daughters?

and I still think that the lady to the right of the picture (as you lookat it) is the one that matches the pictures of the elder lady on your other thread.
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 13-01-11, 13:27.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

do you have a picture of the full picture that you have posted on your header post at all Vanessa?

as there is a picture missing isnt there? I was wondering if it would helpto see the complete picture thats all
              Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,
                Here's the full photo....My Great Aunt Olive (b.1901-1979) is the lady in the bottom part of the Photo. She had two daughters who have both passed away but they were born in 1923 & 1934 so it’s not them.

(Julie, I’m not sure but I think it was you, in one of your older threads were you researching the Robinson’s in Melton Mowbray? The lady on the bottom part of this photo (Olive) married William Robinson in Melton Mowbray Leics).

Last edited by jadzia; 20-08-13, 05:17. Reason: Removed photo
                Ness

Comment

oohher thats spooky Vanessa.. about the Robinsons... though I havent come across any william robinsons in my research yet. :smilee:

I'd say that the picture of Olive would be about 1920/21 ish.. but the other two smaller pictures praps 1910-12ish
                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 13-01-11, 21:46.
                  Julie

Comment

I would say the lady on the left is slightly earlier than the lady on the right. 1900-1910. The lady on the right has a somewhat 'looser' style of clothing and hair which is closer to WWI and up to the 1920s. That seems to be the same timing as the lady on the big photo, although she seems slightly younger than the lady on the right.

All three of them could be anything between 20 and 30-35, even older, depending on how they aged ;). Although I would think that the lady on the left is a little older. That's only a guess though.

Maybe sisters? Although very different, then. ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X