National Burial Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Burial Index

Hi, I've never asked for help before so this is an experiment.

A friend of mine in Canada wants to visit her grandfather's grave when she comes to UK next time. Does anyone have access to the NBI for London, please? The info I need is for a Frederick Griffin, DOB 13/1/1858. He died in hospital but at the time his home address was 32 Charing Cross Road, London. He died on 15/11/1917.

If we can find out where he is buried, does anyone know where we write to get the exact grave reference, as I know that records are often kept by a more popular cemetary?

Thank you for any help both from myself and from my friend Frances.

Anne

Hi Anne
    There are no burial records for London or Middlesex in the NBI which are later than the 1850s. I also looked at the Abney Park cemetery but there is no Frederick Griffin buried there.
    Moggie

Comment

Hi Anne
      You can find some info about London Cemeteries here.
      Information and maps for the cemeteries of London, including the Magificent Seven, that you can visit for free.

Moggie

Comment

Thanks a lot Maggie, I will try that.

Anne

Comment

There's also this site whicj might suggest a few possibilities:

Comment

Some London cemeteries will charge you for a look up but if you go yourself they will look up whilst you are there for no charge (City of London for one).

Manor Park cemetery will do look ups for free if you e-mail them. Well, they did a couple of years ago when I was searching for someone.

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
            X