Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone searched the Royal Humane Society records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone searched the Royal Humane Society records?

I found out that my grandfather received an award from the Royal Humane society in 1946 for risking his own life to save a boy from drowning.

I know the records are held at the LMA, but does anyone know what information is held.
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

I have my great grandfathers from the society, he tried to rescue a man from Derby canal and nearly lost his own life in 1878 and got a bronze award.

The information gave me,

His name,occupation and age

The mans name, occupation and age

Time and place it happened...11-45pm

Particulars..Man fell into 8 foot deep water, 14 foot wide, sides of walls each side of canal 4 foot above water.

Exertions of claimant....this says he jumped in the water, but after much difficulty in finding the man, ggranfather was pulled out

State of the body.... just says he was not recovered for 20mins

Medcal man..police doctor

witnessess to the accident

when award was paid 13 feb 1879

This is on 2xA3 pages with 5 applicants names on it

I also have a newspaper report on it.
    Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 25-11-10, 23:38.
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Thanks Ozzie, Definiatly worth it then. Will have to arrange a visit to the LMA to get a copy
      Vikki -
      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

In case anyone else looks in, tere is this site: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~tamarnet/rolls.htm

But the dates are wrong for you.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X