Annie Aldred marries William smith porritt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie Aldred marries William smith porritt

Hi hoping someone can help. I'm trying to find out what happened to a annie aldred born c 1912 in farnworth Bolton. She married my grandfather William smith porritt (1915) . The marriage took place in Bolton in 1937 and in 1939 she had a son William smith porritt. The marriage did not last. My grandad then set up home with ivy Roberts C 1921 and they lived in farnworth before moving to mossley Lancashire. There was no divorce as far as I know as my grandad and ivy didn't marry till the 1980s. So what hapened to annie and her son. ??

I wonder if your grandfather jumped the gun a bit? There is a death of an Annie Porrit born 2/7/1912 in Salford Greater Manchester in July - Sept 1961 reference 39 0679. This would fit in perfectly with her birth - Annie Aldred mmn Smith - Sep 1912 - Bolton (which covers Farnworth) 8c 625.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

There is a possible marriage in April-June 1962 in Barton Greater Manchester for her son but I can't find a death for him or her so will have to PM you with the names. It's only a guess of course going by the middle initial and the area he may have been in.

If you are a member of GR there is someone named Mark who appears to have your Annie in his tree, born 1912 in Bolton. If you aren't a member and would like me to send a message just PM me what you would like to say.

Comment

Have PM'd the possible marriage and also the possible birth of a child. There is also someone on GR who has the daughter in her tree and it looks like it may be the actual daughter herself.

Comment

Worth keeping an eye on the increasing database on this site: http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/index.php

At the moment, it seems to have only things you already know, or which are not the right bit of the family, but you might find something useful there.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Aldred and porritt

Hi first of all thanks for the reply. My grandad definitly married annie in 1937 and his son William was def born in 1939. As I have seen the certs for them. The member on genes (mark) is my brother. We are struggling with annie. Maybe she remarried and said nothing to the concerrned parties after my grandad left???? Wish I'd started this research before he died , but then again he never said a word about his first family !! Regards and thanks again got your help ... Shelly

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              I wonder if your grandfather jumped the gun a bit? There is a death of an Annie Porrit born 2/7/1912 in Salford Greater Manchester in July - Sept 1961 reference 39 0679. This would fit in perfectly with her birth - Annie Aldred mmn Smith - Sep 1912 - Bolton (which covers Farnworth) 8c 625.
              Hi chrissie, annies mums maiden name was smith first name ruth. I've looked on genes for the 1961 death but can't find it, I've also looked on the Lancashire bmd but it doesn't seem to be there either can I ask were you got the info thank you regards shelly

Comment

I got the death from Ancestry Shelly. I didn't realise that Genes had BMD's on there

Comment

Originally posted by shellyd View Post
                  My grandad definitly married annie in 1937 and his son William was def born in 1939. As I have seen the certs for them. We are struggling with annie. Maybe she remarried and said nothing to the concerrned parties after my grandad left???? Wish I'd started this research before he died , but then again he never said a word about his first family !! Regards and thanks again got your help ... Shelly
                  If you are referring to the possible marriage and childs birth that I PM'd you - those dates were a possibility for the son, not the William who married Annie. I had to PM (Private message) them to you as they could easily still be alive. I thought if you could find a living relative, possibly on GR or somewhere, they may have been able to tell you more about Annie.
                  You say that you are still struggling with Annie Don't you think that's her death then that I posted above?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                    If you are referring to the possible marriage and childs birth that I PM'd you - those dates were a possibility for the son, not the William who married Annie. I had to PM (Private message) them to you as they could easily still be alive. I thought if you could find a living relative, possibly on GR or somewhere, they may have been able to tell you more about Annie.
                    You say that you are still struggling with Annie Don't you think that's her death then that I posted above?
                    Hi chrissie sorry yes I got a bit mixed up... Yes I think that is my annie u found as u say the dates do tally.. I've also contacted the louise u found on genes so fingers crossed on that... Thanks for all your help I don't think I would of got these leads without you... I'll post any outcome on here if this louise turns out to be connected regards and best wishes shelly x

Comment

Thank you Shelley Oh yes, please let us know if you manage to find out what happened to Annie.

Comment

Working...
                      X