Looking for a Hampshire marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Hampshire marriage

Does anyone have any Hampshire marriage CDs?

I am looking for a marriage between:
    Charles Claudius Edward de la Houssaye Bouverie (sometimes recorded with surname as Bouverie, other times de la Houssaye Bouverie, or Houssaye Bouverie - and generally mistranscribed!)
    and an Anne Elizabeth.

A researcher I am in contact with has made a note that her maiden name was Prickett, but doesn't know where he got this from. He thinks the marriage was in the Southampton area, c1820/1830.

Charles was born 1807 and I found Anne Elizabeth in the 1841 census (in Devon County Gaol ... tuts!) where she is recorded as aged 25.

Would therefore expect a marriage c1830/1840, presuming the ages I have are correct.
    Elaine

22nd September 1835 at Southampton St Mary

Charles Bouverie De la Houssey married Ann Elizabeth Prickett

From Hampshire GS Marriage Index 1754-1837 HCD007

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Ooh, thanks Caroline - just what I need!

Don't suppose you have any baptism CDs as well.
      Looking for one for Emily Bouverie (or could be de la Houssaye Bouverie) who I have listed as being born c1843 Southampton. Cannot find a birth registration for her.

Father is Charles, but not sure if the mother is Anne Elizabeth (Prickett) or whether he has moved onto his second "wife" by then, who was Henrietta Georgina Wraight.
      Elaine

Comment

The Baptisms only go up to 1841, but I had a look anyway but can't find any possibilites for Emily - I searched on both sets of parents' forenames. I had a look for Ann Elizabeth Prickett too, but nothing for her either.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks for looking, Caroline.
          This family are a pain to research!
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X