Plaintext on a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaintext on a Mac

I've been trying to post on Jewish Gen....you have to send an email "in plaintext form".....whatever that is. Whatever it is, I haven't got it because my emails are returned because they say they can't post them because they're not in plaintext form.

JewishGen does give you a guide of how to sort this out with various programmes etc, but not with Mac/Safari (as far as I can see)

Does anyone know anything about this please ?

I got the following from the mail program help menu:

"If recipients can’t read your messages

By default, Mail composes messages in HTML format, where you can change the fonts, text colors, and text styles. However, not all email applications can display formatted messages, so some recipients may be unable to read your messages. Devices such as pagers and telephones can also have trouble with the formatting. In these cases, change the messages to plain text.

To change messages to plain text:

To change a single message while composing it, choose Format > Make Plain Text.

If the message is already in plain text, Make Plain Text won’t appear in the menu.

To change the default format for all new messages to plain text, choose Mail > Preferences, click Composing, and then choose Plain Text from the Message Format pop-up menu.

Regardless of which format you choose, if you don’t format any text or paste any formatted text into your message, the message will be sent as plain text"

Hope it helps

Linda
    LindaG

Comment

Thanks Linda...if you don't hear from me for a while you'll know I've tried & it's exploded

Comment

Working...
      X