X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancs / Cheshire / Yorkshire Parish Registers

Just added to the FamilySearch Record site
    England, Lancashire – Cheshire – Yorkshire Parish Registers, 1603-1992

Not indexed so you will have to scroll through the images!
    Elaine

Thank you, Elaine.

There might be something useful there for me...

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It's mainly Lancashire. Not much for Cheshire and Yorkshire.
      Elaine

Comment

And the Lancashire churches are all in Greater Manchester.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

It is lovely to see the actual registers and the ability to browse, good if you have the time, know the parish and the date

How long will they be available to browse like this

I hope Liverpool PRs become available

Edna

Comment

Thank you Elaine. I was going to go to Manchester archives to look at the records for All Saints Newton Heath and they are on there;D;D
            PAT

Comment

Quick tip - if you're looking for a marriage, it's worthwhile looking on CheshireBMD or LancashireBMD first, to see if it's been indexed on there. If it has, that will tell you in which church the wedding occurred, and also saves time looking fruitlessly for a church wedding if it is listed as "civil or registrar attended" in the local BMD index!

Cheers,
              Richard

Comment

Good morning Elaine....could I ask whether there is a `quick` way of finding if St Michaels church, Garston ,Lancashire have been added please ?
                allan
                ADDED...It`s OK Elaine ...just checked...sadly Garston isn`t there....thanks for the link though, I`m sure it will be of benefit to me...cheers....allan
                Last edited by garstonite; 24-11-10, 08:56.
                Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

i got all excited, and they only one town i needed, but only 1881-7 which doesnt help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                    i got all excited, and they only one town i needed, but only 1881-7 which doesnt help at all.
                    Yes - I've found one or two right-parish-wrong-dates image sets... but maybe later...

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                      And the Lancashire churches are all in Greater Manchester.
                      oh, good - there might just be some records of my ECCLES family !
                      Off to look.
                      Diane
                      Sydney Australia
                      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
                        It is lovely to see the actual registers and the ability to browse, good if you have the time, know the parish and the date

How long will they be available to browse like this

I hope Liverpool PRs become available

Edna
                        Hiya Edna...they are sporadic, but yesterday I was in Widnes library and they have a lot of Liverpool Parish register records...they are in chapters like ...1842-1849 ...etc...so if you Pm me with a name / year /parish ..I might be lucky and find the name you are researching...a long shot I know, but I have started spending an hour there every Wednesday whilst Ann goes shopping in Widnes Market...so I do have plenty of time to search for you.....allan
                        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Alan,
                          Would you be able to look up something for me sometime please?
                          Fran

Comment

Thanks Elaine...have bookmarked that website for future use.
                            Liz

Comment

Thanks Alan that is very kind of you, I have details from the Familysearch site and names but my problem is two families in the same parish both got same names and having children same years.
                              I will gather the details and send the PM once I have it all together. They were in the region of 1860 to 1870 before they left for India so I need clarification of which children belong to my ones.

Edna

Comment

Thanks so much for this Elaine....I have just spent the past 4 hrs, trawling through each and every church, but am a long way off finishing. Can I ( I hope I'm not being too presumptuous here ) ask:

Since I do not know where in Lancs. my two married, and since you have to go through each image, IF anyone comes across a William Teare/Teer marriage to a Elizabeth Ann S.( for schofield) Taylor betw. 1888 and 1894, Could you please let me know??( she was known as Lillian, so thats another possibility). Her father was James, and I think his father was a thomas.

Thanking all , in anticipation!
                                Jackie
                                Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

Cool! Thanks Elaine - I'll be spending many hours looking for my Crankshaws! :-)

Comment

oohh, found my twyfords at st anne's in manchester!!

Comment

Thanks Elaine will be doing some searching this afternoon

Comment

I found one marriage at Miles Platting, which I would never have known to look for ! Another at St Philips Bradford Rd. I looked in conjunction with the LancsBMD records for years and likely places. Most of mine seem to be Manchester Cathedral baptisms and marriages.

Di
                                        Diane
                                        Sydney Australia
                                        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
                                        X