family tree program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family tree program

im looking for a family tree software that allows you to show all the descendants of a person, and email the tree to other people. i had one, but the program is too outdated to use, ie in emailing the tree. any ideas?

Most of the recently produced family tree programs will allow you to create reports and charts which can be emailed to friends and family.
    If they have a family tree program on their computer then you could send the data by way of a GEDCOM file which is interchangeable between the different programs.

Have a look at the links on our Genealogy Software page in the reference library.
    I would suggest that the two most popular programs in use at the moment are Family Tree Maker and Family Historian.
    Elaine

Comment

Family Tree Maker lets you produce a descendant report of how ever many generations you choose. You can then convert it into a text file or a RTF file that can be read by any word-processing program.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

thank you for those, ill look into them. i now a lot of people here use maker and historian, ill have to look at the trials.

Comment

If you decide to opt for Family Tree Maker then let us know as there are various offers available, most of which include a 3 or 6 month subscription to Ancestry.
          Elaine

Comment

will do. that may come in ahndy on its own.

Comment

Working...
            X