Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Associations after installation of FTM2011

Hi

Since installing FTM 2011 all my versions of FTM want to open in 2011 - this never happened with 2008, 2009 or 2010 upgrades - they always opened without issue in their correct versions. Now all versions want to open in 2011 and convert and that is not what I want it to do.

Would just removing the File Association be the answer as a quick work around?

Any tips greatfully received.

Many thanks

Carol

PS - going to work shortly so will check back this evening.

How are you trying to open the trees? Are you clicking on the file name and opening from there - or clicking on the FTM 2010 icon on your desktop and opening the file within the program. You should be doing the latter!
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine

If I open 2010 all ok but if I go to the file and open it is associating itself to 2011 - previously never had this problem. Have 08, 09, 10 & 11 all in their own separate folders with respective files so I can go back to old versions if needed. If you right mouse click on the file and select open with 2010 or what ever the version is then all is ok.

Regards

Carol

Comment

It must be something new with FTM2011 because it seems to be the only version which has automatically "imported" any files that I had created on previous versions of FTM without asking me!

I think really what you have to do is open the program first, e.g. FTM 2010, and then open the file you want. I can't see any other solution.

You might get some help on the Family Tree Online Forum - there is a resident "expert" Russ Worthington who is generally very helpful. If there is a solution then he will find it for you!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine will give that a whirl.

Carol

Comment

Working...
          X