burial george prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burial george prince

hello i am trying to find my great grandads burial place his name is george r prince and he married emily lamport in 1897 in fareham,not sure on his birth or death date,know he was in the navy,grateful for any help,thanks

He seems to have been born just George Prince in July-September quarter of 1872 in Torrington Devon reference 5b 480. It was his son who was born George R (probably Richard) in 1898. I haven't found a death yet though, about to look.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

There seem to be too many possibilities to find his death I'm afraid. Especially as he could have moved around.

p.s. Have sent you two PM's (Private messages)

Comment

my father said he thinks he died in devon somewhere don,t know if that,s any help

Comment

Does your father have any idea of when/what year he died? We know he was alive in 1911 aged 38 but the only death I can find in Devon of the right age is in July-Sept quarter of 1938 - George Prince aged 66 - Devon Central reference 5b 38. This now comes under Mid Devon and these are the contact details - Tel - 01884 252821 - E-mail - srmid@devon.gov.uk

I checked the Commonwealth war graves site too in case he died in the war but I couldn't find him in the navy and I assume that's what he would have been in as he was a Warrant Officer in the Royal Navy in 1911.

Comment

You told me (by PM) that you were getting confused and I think I have worked out why.
            In your first post you said that you were looking for the death/burial of your Gt Grandad George R Prince who married Emily Lamport. It was your Grandad who was George R Prince and your Gt Grandad George Prince who married Emily.

So this is a summary for you, which obviously needs to be checked with the relevant certificates.

You Grandfather - George Richard Prince - Born 28/8/1898 in Portsmouth
            BIRTH Registered Oct-Dec 1898 Portsea I - reference 2b 403
            DEATH Registered Oct-Dec 1980 Chatham Kent - Vol 16 Page 0604

Your Gt Grandfather - George Prince who married Emily Lamport
            BIRTH Registered July-September quarter of 1872 in Torrington Devon reference 5b 480
            DEATH - IF he died in Devon the reference I have given above is a possibility.

I hope this helps but if you need any more help just ask.

Comment

p.s. In case you are new to all this and are unsure about ordering certificates. You can either try the local office which I have given you above for the Devon death or you can go online at the link below. The certificate will cost £9-25.

Comment

Chrissie
                I am confused! Is baldwinprince and downes19 the same person?
                Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Good point Lynne - I hadn't noticed that

Comment

I don't think they are the same person, although I presume they are connected/related somehow as they have both responded on this thread.
                    Hopefully one of them will come online soon.
                    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                      Chrissie
                      I am confused! Is baldwinprince and downes19 the same person?
                      sorry to confuse you downes19 is my husbands account he didn,t log off.i have forgotten my password and can,t seem to reset it at the moment.

Comment

Did the information above help you?

You could PM one of the moderators who would help with your password.

Comment

finally reset my password,thankyou for your help,i have found my great grandad died in 1938,i am still trying to find his burial place no luck yet,i am also looking to see if my dads sister wilhelmina duncan prince who was born in 1925 was adopted as she is not listed with my dads family,i have found her name registered with mothers name of wightman,so i presume she must have been adopted.
                          Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 25-11-10, 07:16. Reason: ..

Comment

Sorry, have had to remove the name of your father's sister as it's not clear whether she is still living. We do not allow the publication of the names of living people, without their permission.
                            If anyone thinks they can help then perhaps they could send information to Baldwinprince via PM (personal message)
                            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by baldwinprince View Post
                              I have found my great grandad died in 1938,i am still trying to find his burial place no luck yet.
                              Are you sayint that this death I found is the right one baldwinprince? - the only death I can find in Devon of the right age is in July-Sept quarter of 1938 - George Prince aged 66 - Devon Central reference 5b 38 If so, his death certificate might possibly give you a clue as to where he is buried.
                              Once you know where he was living at the time you could e-mail likely burial places to see if he is there.

I will PM you to see if you would like help re your father sister as I cannot find one that looks to be the person you are talking about.

Comment

Baldwinprince - I understand that your father's sister died a few years ago. Have therefore edited your post #13 and added the name back in.
                                Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                X