cousins etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cousins etc

Can someone explain what they mean when people say "removed" when they are referring to cousins and uncles etc.

Christine

This page from our Reference Library should help you out ...

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Isn't it confusing

christine

Comment

Originally posted by cwheelerparker View Post
        Isn't it confusing
        or logical, depending how you look at it!
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I do understand it but I still have to look at the table every time I want to work it out! Then I found that my family tree program will do it for me! If you make the person in question the 'root' person the program lists the relationship of everyone else in the tree to them. Perhaps your program will do that?

Anne

Comment

This is where I find "Family Historian"is a briliant family history programme, as it gives you all the relationships to yourself when you put yourself down as the root person. I could never work any out without this programme, and even now I would have to look it up each time I wanted to know the relationship. I have found several interesting side branches but only realised they were second cousin twice removed or first cousin once removed etc when looking at the programme. Do other family history programmes have this facility?

Janet

Comment

you can do this on your ancestry tree now as well

Linda
              LindaG

Comment

Family Tree Maker can show you the relationship between any two people in your tree. Click on "Tools" then "Relationship Calculator" It also gives you a list showing the realtionship of all individuals on your tree to any one person.
                Last edited by modem; 22-11-10, 13:26.

Comment

Working...
                X