Where did she come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did she come from?

The only information i have for my Great Grandmother is her name was Julia Henry, she married my GGrandfather Augustine Ansboro in Bangalore - India 20/05/1877 aged 16 yrs, this would make her DOB c 1861. Julia's father was William. Augustine married again to Minna Collins in 1895 - India.

I have tried with no success - i don't know where to look for a birth for her. I have no death either but, i think she will have died in India.

I have Indian marriage cert's but, they don't give the place of birth

Any help or direction will be great please.

Thanks.
    Jacky

Have you had any luck with FIBIS looking for a possible baptism in India in case she was born there? And do you know when her father went to India? Or where and who he married?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Yes, no luck with Fibis UJ, and no idea when her Dad went to India or who he married.
      Jacky

Comment

I got the info i have from a very kind researcher, she found this in the British Library, this was in the index but, it had not been filmed and she viewed the actual Madras register.
        Jacky

Comment

Have you looked on the IGI on the Family Search website?

Comment

Tilly Mint

I have found the marriage to Minna Mary Collins 1895 to Augustin Ausboro b 1850 in the India easy marriage records, and now the marriage of his son Benedict Alphonsus Ausboro to Beryl Dorothy Bonnand 22nd December 1928 he is born c1846 no birthplace given do you have this marriage too

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
              Have you looked on the IGI on the Family Search website?
              Yes, i found quite a few of mine on there Velma, but sadly, not my GGrandmother.
              Jacky

Comment

Yes, i have these thanks Edna, i've actually made contact with Benedict's two daughters, he died when they were quite young, i have given them all this info along with his army records and medal card. They know nothing about Julia, they didn't even know her forename.

Thanks Edna!
                Jacky

Comment

Have you looked for anything relating to her father William? Just thought if you could find his death or army record or some such it might give some clues as to his origins and movements.
                  Margaret

Comment

I found this, Margaret, married about 2 yrs before Julia was born.............

Mary Ann Finnerty, father Martin, married 1859 - Vizagapatam, Madras, India. William was a widower.....i don't know where to go with this info to see if it's anything to do with my William.
                    I think this because i don't see any siblings for Julia - i wonder if it's because it's a 2nd marriage.

I don't have Ancestry to look for an army record.

Thanks Margaret!
                    Jacky

Comment

This is one service record from Ancestry - there are a few William Henry's who served in India - do you have his army number from any records?

William Henry
                      Campaign or Service: India - NW Frontier
                      Service Date: 1849-1863
                      Service Location: India
                      Regiment or Unit Name: H M's 18th Regiment
                      Regimental Number: ??81

Comment

Thanks Lisa...No, i don't have any info on William at all.

Just a thought.......

Most of my family served with the South Lancashire Regiment - my great "step" grandfather being a Acting Sergeant Major and my Great aunt's husband being Company Sergeant Major.

Can i ask if any of the William Henry's served with this Regiment please.

Thanks.
                        Jacky

Comment

This is the only one that I can find linked to Lancashire.
                          William Henry
                          Campaign or Service: Crimean War
                          Service Date: 1854-1855
                          Service Location: Crimea
                          Regiment or Unit Name: 47th Lancashire Regiment
                          Regimental Number: 1407

Comment

Thanks again Lisa!

Wish i knew a little more about William, then i may be able to find more info about my GGrandmother.
                            Jacky

Comment

I've found a Julia Henry born in Maidstone but its 1867

Comment

Thanks Lisa, i don't think this will be her, her 1st child was born 1878.

I wonder if Julia was Irish - only because of what i found in post 10.....
                                Jacky

Comment

Working...
                                X