Anybody find this marriage please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody find this marriage please

I am trying to tie up some loose ends and need to find this Wifes surname ?
    Charles Freeman born in Russia Poland 1876
    1911 living in Bethnal Green has been married 14 years to wife May aged 36 born in Hull
    Eldest child Mildred was born in 1898 Whitechapel .
    Thanks

1901 census - not that it helps but just in case you haven't got it!

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

RG13; Piece: 1592; Folio: 127; Page: 7.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine I should have said I have that too sorry, thats the first record I have of him ? so am assuming he came here after 1891??? Been looking for a marriage in either the Hull area or Middlesex but not knowing much about the areas around Hull doesn't help ?

Comment

There seems to be too many possibilities at the moment. By cross checking for likely Marys born in Hull the nearest I've found so far would be a bit late in Sept 1899 to a Mary A Hammerton, possible Mary in 1891 born in Emley Yorkshire (don't know how close that is to Hull). The other earlier marriage to a Mary Jane Cryer in 1896 doesn't produce a likely Mary J Cryer in 1891 born Hull. Stumped what to try next.

p.s. Just read your post and I have the same problem with areas of London as well as Hull
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I can't see anything either - probably best to get a birth certificate of one of the children!
          Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine and Chrissie , cant afford too many certs at the moment what with renewing FMP and stuff this business is getting expensive isnt it ?
            I'm not too bad on the Middlesex areas Chrissie but rubbish up North lol

Comment

Hi
              Don't know if this is going to work out, there would have to be a name change, but
              in 1891 in London
              a Mary Berman, 16, born Hull, in Mile End Old Town, London (RG12 piece 301 folio 86 page 20)
              Parents are from Poland, they are Burman in the 1881 index

Marriage Sep qtr 1897 Whitechapel 1c 540
              Berman Mary
              Freeman Solomon

Victor Nissenbaum and Lucy Jerichower are the other two names on page 540, they seem to be together in Bethnal Green in 1901
              There is one possible Freeman - Berman birth reg after 1911, Myer Freeman in 1915, but its in Prestwich, Lancs. FreeBMD isn't sure if its an "e" in "Berman", and neither am I
              Last edited by JonnyB; 20-11-10, 20:53.

Comment

another edit - sorry, actually they are sure its an e in Berman, its just me!

Comment

that sounds very likely JonnyB as most of the polish people in my tree seemed to change their names , shall look at that thanks very much..

Comment

Working...
                  X