Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it the same woman???

Hi All :-)

Following on from my post regarding the dating of Victorian Photographs from the 7th November 2010 (thread titled: Help ~> dating of victorian photographs)
    I have decided to Photoshop-edit-cut the photograph of the Lady in question & would like thoughts as to whether others believe it could be of the same woman?

BELOW is the photograph previously posted (refer to my 7th Nov 2010 thread) – this time cleaned (via: Photoshop) *Note: The scrawl over the face was difficult to go over – but this is the best that I could achieve without losing to much of the actual facial detail. I have placed on the left hand side a photograph of my Great Grand Mother taken in 1918 – I was wondering if it they are of the same person (?) – Thoughts please.

Thanks in Advance – Banksia Boy [AKA: Steve].

*NOTE: Thanks to my friend James for his invaluable Technical assistance

I was going to say that I didn't think they were the same person because the one on the right seemed to have a more pointy nose,but everything else seems to point to a yes. The other facial features are alike,as are the hands.I think that there is a good possibility that they are the same person, or related.
    Fran

Comment

The ears are usually a good indicator

I would say possibly/probably, and if not, closely related

Comment

I was going to say the same thing about the pointy nose, but looking closely I think the "point" might be a scratch or smudge on the photograph. I agree that the facial features - ears, eyebrows, angle/position of the eyes, forehead, face shape - are very similar on the two pictures.
        Sarah

Comment

Hi Fran Velma & (Cloggie) Sarah – Huge thank you for your thoughts on both photographs :-)

Yes the point of the nose has given me a fair amount of thought as to whether it is the same person – I think it may in fact be caused a little by the damage done to it with the scrawl – I think the angle of the nose is a little bit deceiving and I also think there are more similarities than not – especially the ears.

My great grandmother had two surviving sisters (into adulthood) - (one sister & a half sister) – they would have been too young for the photograph for it to be either of them. Her mother died in 1871 – so it discounts her – my great grandmother married in 1878 & the consensus is that the photograph was taken sometime between (at least – give or take a year or so) btw c.1878-1882 – it could be as pointed out previously that it could be for an engagement (occasion) - mmmmmmmm!!!

Thanks – Steve.

More thoughts....;-)

Comment

I also think there's a good chance of them being the same person. The hands, eyes and chin are very similar indeed.

Anne

Comment

no as one persons nose is very pointed the other rounded.eyebrows too far apart.brenda xxx
              Last edited by Guest; 20-11-10, 09:20.

Comment

BRENMAC – ‘Tsk’ – Oh so very remiss of me not to have written much sooner in acknowledgement to your helpful comments - For some odd reason I thought I had replied – all sorts of things got in my way these past several weeks in concentrating on all things family tree….tardy of me I know.

‘BIG THANK YOU’ to all who had input in helping me with this family photograph mystery.

All your help & comments were most appreciated.

Cheers – Banksia boy (Steve)

Comment

Working...
                X