X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genes Reunited - FREE!

Just posted on Facebook:

FOR ONE DAY ONLY
    Come and search our records and trees for free!! Between 1.30-3.30pm today ALL members get to use these features and more at no cost. Come and see how much you can discover in 2 hours. All you need to do is login to the site as normal or create an account to become a free member. Have fun!
    http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/
    If they really do mean that all their records are free then it includes the 1841-1911 census as well as BMDs. You've only got 2 hours! ;)
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 18-11-10, 10:21. Reason: time changed on Facebook link!
    Elaine

I do hope the system doesn't crash!! ;D

Comment

Well you would think they would have learnt something from the World Cup fiasco, so fingers crossed it will hold out.
      Elaine

Comment

There doesn't appear to be any mention of it on GR yet Elaine. Hope you are right though
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Elaine for letting us know

She is right Chrissie because I just replied to a new contact
          where before I couldn't cause wasn't a paid member anymore.
          Last edited by Lancashire Lass; 18-11-10, 10:14.

Comment

Sharon

Non paying members have always beern able to REPLY to a contact. You just can't initiate a contact if you are a free member.

OC

Comment

I can see something on this page, under the What's New heading
              Discover your family history online today with Genes Reunited. Find your ancestors and create your own family tree online.

.. except on there it says 1.30-3.30pm
              Elaine

Comment

The time on the Facebook link has been changed now - 1.30-3.30pm

(I'll amend the first post)
                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                  Sharon

Non paying members have always beern able to REPLY to a contact. You just can't initiate a contact if you are a free member.

OC
                  OC they wouldn't let me when I tried a few weeks ago just kept going to the Subscription Options page. So wonder why :(

Elaine just seen the times so I'm happy as got to go to work soon but be back this afternoon.

Comment

Sharon were you clicking on the reply button, I've never had a problem when someone has contacted me & I have replied.
                    If you just go via their name you won't get through but there shouldn't be a prob with the reply button.;D
                    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

I have always been able to reply to and message too Sharon.
                      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

That's great Elaine - thank you for letting us know.

I panicked for a minute though then - your link took me straight to a page that had my tree on it :D I think it must take everyone to their front page? Hope so, or everyone is looking at my tree
                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Have changed the link to the home page url. Still seems to work OK
                          Elaine

Comment

I have never had any trouble replying to a contact, but I am unable to initiate a contact as I am not a member. This has never bothered me, as I get more people contacting me than I find I wish to contact first.

Janet

Comment

Has anybody been able to use it, been trying for a while just keeps taking me to page regarding cost of GR, am a free member tried logging out and in again no joy

Comment

I am using it & getting in no probs. I only got home at 2.15 so haven't long to use it. Thanks Elaine
                                Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg13 View Post
                                  Has anybody been able to use it, been trying for a while just keeps taking me to page regarding cost of GR, am a free member tried logging out and in again no joy
                                  There's a suggestion from Genes Reunited on Facebook that you log out, clear cookies and then try logging in again.

Might also be worth trying a different browser if you have an alternative.
                                  Elaine

Comment

Still no joy, as a marketing exercise it tells me not to go back as a paid member , was thinking about using again as my ancestry runs out soon, but this has made up my mind stick with what works, not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
                                      Sharon were you clicking on the reply button, I've never had a problem when someone has contacted me & I have replied.
                                      If you just go via their name you won't get through but there shouldn't be a prob with the reply button.;D
                                      Hi Vivienne, Yes was clicking the reply button lol.
                                      I was a paying member until last year on GR . Then had two new contacts beginning of this year & it wouldn't let me reply then to the new messages so silly me paid for another 6months. It ran out in August so didn't pay for another subscription. Got a new contact few weeks ago tried to reply but wouldn't just went to the Subscription Options page.
                                      Guess they gave me a new reply button today lol:D

Working for me now so going for a nosey

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg13 View Post
                                        Still no joy, as a marketing exercise it tells me not to go back as a paid member , was thinking about using again as my ancestry runs out soon, but this has made up my mind stick with what works, not happy
                                        Shame you can't get in Mike.
                                        I tested a census lookup at the start of the free time and it worked OK. Have just been searching the trees and successfully sent 5 messages.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X