Freephone Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freephone Ancestry

I believe Ancestry has a freephone number for enquiries. Would it be possible for someone to phone it for me please & ask if they've got a "normal" phone number as I can't access British freephone numbers from my phone in Germany.

Obviously, if it's not a freephone, please don't do it....don't want to cause anyone any expense.

Thanks

List of phone numbers for Ancestry
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine.....but very often the 0800 numbers don't work from Germany....you can phone one day & they're OK & the next they aren't...or there are long periods when they don't work (have just tried & can't get anything at the moment). So I'd be very grateful if someone could try the British freephone number & just ask them....I don't need to contact them at the moment, &, if they can't offer an alternative, I'll just have to ride my luck if I ever need to. But would be interested to know

Comment

There is a normal (non-0800 number) for Other Locations:
        Country code for the United States +801-494-8595
        So this will probably be: 00-1-801-494-8595
        (I'm not sure what the international access code is for Germany, but it's 00 from Holland; the country code for the US is 1)

Support is only available in English
        Monday - Friday : 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (which would be 16:00 - 24:00 hours German time)
        Saturday - Sunday : Closed
        Sarah

Comment

Thanks, Cloggie, but that would be expensive (I've got a flat rate for phone calls to Britain) Sorry....I know I'm being awkward

Comment

Originally posted by greyingrey View Post
            Thanks, Cloggie, but that would be expensive
            Really??? It costs about 7 cents a minute to phone the US from Holland, and that's just the standard rate through the phone company. It's even cheaper through other packages/companies. (check out www.telediscount.de for example: 2.6 cents a minute to the US).
            I would be very surprised if it were much more expensive to phone the US from Germany.
            (This is the rate for a land line by the way; of course it would be much more expensive if using a mobile phone.)
            Last edited by Cloggie; 19-11-10, 07:56.
            Sarah

Comment

I've also used the US phone number before (via landline) and it hasn't been expensive. Just tell them at the outset that you are phoning from abroad and ask that the length of call be kept to the minimum.

Update: Just checked an old phone bill - I had a landline phone call of 9m 40sec with the US number - cost was 1.30 Euros (plus tax)
              That is standard rate through Telefonica - no special phone deal.
              Elaine

Comment

Oh, thanks.....sorry....I forgot how much cheaper it's become ....(not really THAT much of a Scrooge)

Comment

Working...
                X