Marriage help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage help needed.

Charles William Leach, b. 1866 in Southampton, is on the 1891 census with wife Jane and some siblings. Jane is b. 1855 also in Southampton. They are in London. In 1901 they are back down in Southampton, also in 1911. In both the 1901 and 1911 census Charles is just using the name William. According to the 1911, however, they have only been married 17 years, which means married about 1893-1894.

I can find a marriage in Greenwich in Jun 1893 between Charles William Leach and possibly Jane Harriet Jansen. However, I cannot find any trace of Jane before the marriage, and at the moment can't see a possibility of any previous marriage for her.

Can anyone find Jane please?

Thanks

Linda

1891:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?...c=&pid=8336644
    Class: RG12; Piece: 501; Folio 87; Page 17; GSU roll: 6095611.

1901:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?...c=&pid=1104114
    Class: RG13; Piece: 1058; Folio: 127; Page: 10.
    Last edited by ozgirl; 17-11-10, 21:33.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Sorry cannot find much at all wonder if she has been mistranscribed as Jenkins or Johnson on earlier census records ????
    I cannot find a marriage other than that one either that would fit .

Comment

Not having much luck either!
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks for having a try, it could well be mistranscribed, doesn't quite seem a good Hampshire name

Linda
        Linda

Comment

FreeBMD has a Jane Harriet Folger born 1853 Southampton and a marriage for the same in 1872 Southampton. One of the other names in the marriage register is Ines Harald Jenson or Jensen
          Jackie

Comment

Well done Jackie. I looked for a Fulger connection and couldn't see one!
            Elaine

Comment

i think to prove this you will need the marriage. is it in the london database on ancestry?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                i think to prove this you will need the marriage. is it in the london database on ancestry?
                I looked yesterday - unfortunately it's not there.
                Elaine

Comment

Thank you all - that very much looks like a possibility. I'll try to find them in the 1881, if they were in London that would be very helpful!

Linda
                  Linda

Comment

I have been wondering whether this is his death but haven't found them in 1881 yet.

Johannes H Jansen - died July-Sept 1884 - aged 36 - born c1848 - St George in The East - London, Middlesex - ref 1c 280

p.s. On looking at the actual page it looks like Jansfen
                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-11-10, 09:45.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks again to everyone - Jansfen might be Janssen mistranscribed, if it was written the old way. I'm wondering whether Ines was a shortened form of Johannes (Jnes). This is just a side shoot of my tree, so at the moment I can't justify getting certs for them, but will note all these details as possibles. William and Jane didn't have any children, so the line stops with them. Next time I'm down in Winchester I'll look up the marriage.

Linda
                      Linda

Comment

Working...
                      X