• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate Middleton

Anyone have Kate Middleton's family tree
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Someone somewhere will have done it, probably for one of the newspapers. They'll have had this stuff prepared for a while now and will be trotting it all out over the next few months.

Comment

There is an entry in Wikipedia which shows an ancestral tree.
      Elaine

Comment

There is a write up tonight in our local paper that 2 of her gg grandparents came from opp north here in Guisborough and Hartlepool ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

in the daily morror today brenda xxx

Comment

her family was imporrtant in leeds during the 19th century.

Comment

They have gone back already to the 1500's and speculatively further back making them 12th cousins!

Janet

Comment

ah so really just a "normal girl from a working class family" then?

Comment

she is, i think her parents wealth is recent, and there appears to be no nobility in her ancestry, if there is, it isnt recent.

Comment

I see 'they' have the Mugs for sale already !...................can you imagine what's coming?

Comment

Not sure how keen they are to see Kate on everything - as official line is that she's to be called Catherine/Catharine!!!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I read through the wikipedia link and was interested to read 'her paternal family came from Leeds, West Yorkshire, and her great-grandmother Olivia was a member of the Lupton family, who were active for generations in Leeds in commercial and municipal work'.
                        "Aha", thinks I, "I must check for a link to my Luptons of Grassington, in the Yorkshire Dales". My gtx8 grandmother, Barbara Lupton was born in Grassington, in 1672, but I can't trace any link to the 19th century Luptons of Leeds.
                        It would have been nice to find that I'm, say, her 20th cousin, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting an invite to the wedding after all ;)
                        Yorkshire names: Brown, Weighell, Hudson, Hartley, Womersley, Laycock, Maude, Atkinson, Whittaker, Hammond, Hutton, Brook, Murgatroyd, Wright, Topham
                        Warwickshire name: Hart
                        German names: Peltz, Eichborn

Comment

Well apparently (according to a contact on GR!) I am the 10th cousin 4x removed of Wills, through the Poyntz family (on Diana's side) of 15th century Gloucestershire. Will I get an invite... I think not :D :D

Comment

Ooh, OH has Poyntzs in his tree too - maybe you are related Velma (and his family come from Eastbourne too!)

Linda
                            Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Well, the link is in Sussex but not in Eastbourne :D Can't quite remember how it got back to the Gloucestershire Poyntz family, but when this lady told me I took it with a very large pinch of salt!! :D

Comment

nice people come from leeds,were straight talkers but not liked for it.(there,s nought wrong with a yorshire lass)
                                brenda xxxx

Comment

i have luptons from leeds, but so far there isnt a connection to kate.

Comment

I think a Royal wedding will do the country a lot of good. I know there will be "cheesey" mugs and plates, and there will be lots of people trying to see if they are related to Kate, but, that's the sort of thing that keeps people in jobs! And the tourists will be over. Yes, we will be sick of hearing it on the telly and reading it in the newspapers, but to be honest, I'd prefer reading about Will & Kate Gate than what food will give us cancer this week.

And it is cool if you are related to either of them! I know I'm not, but then, most people aren't!
                                    :-)

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                                    X