John Widdup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Widdup

I amtrying to find the birth details of John Widdup who was born about 1801 in Yorkshire.

I know that he was also in the Chelsea Pensioners.

Can anyone tell me his birth details and wher i can get the war record of him form The Chelsea Pensioners

Can you email me at (email address removed) asap

Thank you
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 16-11-10, 21:57. Reason: Not recommended that you post your email address on the open forum

Have you tried 'familysearch.org' ....it's free ?

Comment

The surviving discharge papers for those who received a "Chelsea Pension" are on Findmypast. There is a possibility on there - no birth year but born Wadsworth, Yorkshire.
      The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
      Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Welcome JCB - FamilySearch.org certainly has a hit for a baptism in 1802 in HEPTONSTALL for a John WIDOP - an obvious variant of the name.

I don't know if that fits with your quest?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

To save anyone's time, check that it's not been already answered on
          Phil
          historyhouse.co.uk
          Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Thank you, Phil

It's useful to be aware that a query has been posted in more than one place.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X