Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sailor in 1911 Census how do I find him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailor in 1911 Census how do I find him?

I have Jacob Kelly's wife and sons in the 1911 census in Plymouth , in what sounds like admiralty property but no sign of him, it is thought that he was in the royal Navy, he was born in 1887. Where do I look to find him please?

sunny

If you are searching on Findmypast you can select Royal Navy at Sea in the county drop down listing.

Do you know where he was born?
    Elaine

Comment

He may have been born on the Isle of Man. I will try the route you suggested Elaine thankyou

rosy

Comment

There is a Royal Navy record for a Jacob Kelly born Laxey, Isle of Man on the documentsonline website, although dob is given as 3 Jul 1885, but of course he could have lied about his age! You can download the record for £3.50
        The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
        Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Thankyou Elaine and thankyou Ann. I have downloaded the service record. I have also found him on the census'

rosy

Comment

Just an update the service record was for my Jacob and he lied to get in the Navy, he was only 10, when he should have been 12!!!.. I have managed to find his parents and grandparents too on the Isle of Man. Thanks for the help.

rosy

Comment

Working...
            X