Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suspect email---did it block internet access ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspect email---did it block internet access ?

We had an email on our sky account yesterday which seemed to come from my nephew(it gave his full name and it's an unusual one as the sender). I knew it couldn't actually be from my nephew as he was on holiday with no internet access.

My OH however had a look at it and it was about a scheme to make lots of money.He didn't click on any links but also didn't delete it. Later last night we lost internet connection and still didn't have it this morning including on my laptop. We didn't suspect it could have anything to do with that email and OH was about to phone Sky. Before doing that he tried to connect with daughter's notebook and it did !!!! However main computer and my laptop still wouldn't connect.

We decided to go into sky emails on the notebook and delete the email on that and then both other computers connected.

Was it a coincidence or did that email block internet connection and if so how ???
    Has anyone else had this experience?? Hoping for some advice. We are very careful about suspect emails and would never open them but OH saw my nephew's full name and just opened it !!!

Thanks
    Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891
Working...
X