X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph PLAYLE from ESSEX

I have a Joseph Playle/plail married Rebecca Savill/Saville
    they had a son William born 26/11/1820 in Bocking Essex England
    I don't think they had any other children I believe they died very young but not sure. I am looking for marriage date, birth and death for Joseph and Rebecca Joseph's parents are Joseph Playle and Ann Turner married 23/11/1798 and Rebecca's parents are Thomas Saville and Mary Willis married 22/7/1800 they had a son? and another daughter Ann who married Joseph Cracknell on 20/5/1832
    any help would be appreciated ossiegirl
    Last edited by ossiegirl; 15-11-10, 05:28.

Essex Record Office have a lot of parish records online now, but unfortunately the Bocking registers for the period you want aren't online yet and their Searchroom is closed from today until the 29th for stocktaking so I can't offer to go and do a look up for a couple of weeks.
    I'm puzzled. How do you know who the parents of Joseph and Rebecca are if you are looking for their births? Does this mean you have found their baptisms but now want their birth dates. Some registers do record both but if this is the case can you let us know in which parish you found them.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hi Judith
      thank for your reply a cousin of my many years ago paid a researcher to look up and research the Playle and Saville Families and that is what was found.
      I have William certificates which give his mother and father names. A further check named Joseph and Mary Playle as the only possibility for williams grandparents on his father side.
      on the Saville side William got into trouble for stealing some coins from his grandfather Thomas Saville so we found a newspaper article about William conviction. which told us about his Grandfather on his mother side.
      another family members research said that Joseph junior was born 9/12/1798 in St Mary's Bocking.
      ossiegirl
      Last edited by ossiegirl; 15-11-10, 11:43.

Comment

William's marriage certificate gives Braintre or Braintree Essex as birthplace. most documents just say Bocking Essex England. information found by researcher was found in parish register for St Mary's and Boyd's marriage index.
        I appreciate your help thank you
        Last edited by ossiegirl; 15-11-10, 11:41.

Comment

Working...
        X